Jedtek

After lots of time working on my (flying previously) RV-4, it's now finally ready to fly again. As I've no time in any RV, it'll be an interesting transition for me! It would have been nice to have had a flight in one (or any RV!) before I started to look for training, but I've yet to find someone who can do that for me. Any advice that may help me with the change to the 4 would be great! I'm based in MN at KCBG. Thanks.

I'd suggest right seat time in an RV-6. I don't know anyone in your area but there are few here in the southeast.

Not for another 6 weeks or so...

I'd like to help but I won't be ready for the first flight for several more weeks. I am finishing my 6. I also have a friend with a 4 that we could use but he has that apart for some upgrades and won't be ready until next year sometime.

I am a fulltime CFII in the Des Moines area and have several hundred hours of RV experience in the 4, 6A, 7A, 9A.

Jim D.

RV-4

Go to Safeair.com. That is where you can find a transition trainer who can help you out.

Mike Bauer
Bartow, Fl.

RV-3 N87LB fkying
RV-4 N742MC building

Thanks for the link to Safeair1. I took a look. I'm way out up here in Minnesota, I'd love to go south to do training but finances restrict me a little. I feel happy to fly the 4 as I have tail wheel and 'quick' low wing aircraft time however, the insurance companies need that training in my log. Anyone closer I wonder?