yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Started the PAP and immediately hit a snag-- no stall warner tone with Master on. Nothing looks amiss in the inspection panel, though I can't really see mauch and everything was OK before skinning the wing. Turning the pot doesn't seem to do anything -- I know there was a section in the instructions on tweaking those pots but I'll be darned if I can find it. replaced fuse-- it's OK. Will pull the wing tomorrow and see if I can determine if there's power to the root contact.

Any other thoughts?

THANKS

Wayne 120241 n143WM maybe

The wing mounted vane switch is switching a ground to activate the circuit, so you wont find any voltage on the terminal in the wing root.
Turn the adjustment pot. while the switch is activated (use a piece of tape to hold it).
If you still get no tone, remove the wing and temporarily connect the terminal on the fuselage side to ground. If you get a tone then there is a problem with the wiring in the wing. If still no tone, then you have a problem within the fuselage.

Stall Warning not working!

Bend the Tabs out a little on the wing root terminal block to make sure you are getting a good connection.

John
RV12 N1212K

Tabs

Ditto on bending the tabs. I had the same problem with the stall switch and the lighting kit when first installed. Everything works now though.