Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
The Good News is...the last Shuttle flight was a tremendous success!!

The Bad News is...becasue it did so well, we are shooting for the next available launch window for Atlantis - less than six weeks from now...

Which means the chances of me finally getting to put faces to so many of the names and personalities I've met here on this (and other) forums are pretty much down the tubes for this year. My calender is booked seven days a week until we get the next one up and down. No way to leave town ( or at least the state - Texas is big, but an RV is fast enough for lunch just about anywhere!) for more than a few hours... :mad:

I guess I'll have to make LOE in the fall.....y'all have a blast up there!

Paul

I must admit that I had hoped to meet you, but that's the best darned excuse I could imagine! Keep up the great work.

Sorry no OSH for you, IronFlight.

You fly on Danny, Ross and my wing to LOE then, OK? First beer on me.

b,
dr

God I miss it

Those are the best of times Paul, savor them. Good luck with Atlantis, Endeavour and Discovery until their retirement.

Bob Axsom

No Oshkosh either

Paul, good luck with your greater mission. We will all be watching NASA's work.

On a personal level, your posts about flying Valkyrie are a great motivator for me.

I made Oshkosh for the first time last year. It was great. However I decided that my next trip would be in my RV-8. Right now I have riveted the skelton for the left wing. The right one should be completed tomorrow. Then its on to the skins and the leading edge. Keep flying Valkyrie and telling those of us who are still building how great the RV-8's fly.

Gosh Darn It....now who's going to drink that beer I was going to keep on ice for you?!? Oh well, I guess that means I'll just have to make sure it doesn't go to waste and in exchange you'll buy me one at SnF!

Cheers,
Stein.

RV6's, Minneapolis
RV7 - Fuse