RVdreamin

PAID my dues for VAF, been working with Mike at CAT to get tooled up Mike's awesome), watch a gazillion Youtubes and EAA videos, and completed the Sport Air Sheet Metal class this weekend (Worth it)....and now....finally....ordered the empennage for the RV-9A. Excited....scared....but feeling GREAT!

Congratulations!!

Jimmy, congrats on taking the first bite :D

elephant_one_bite.jpg

PAID my dues for VAF, been working with Mike at CAT to get tooled up Mike's awesome), watch a gazillion Youtubes and EAA videos, and completed the Sport Air Sheet Metal class this weekend (Worth it)....and now....finally....ordered the empennage for the RV-9A. Excited....scared....but feeling GREAT!

Welcome aboard.

Jimmy, congrats on the first "bite" as Mike stated. You are in for a great ride. Speaking of rides, I get by that way a lot while traveling. I also see you are a paid VAF member. Email me your contact info and I will stop by and get you a RV-6 ride one of these days.

ps time to change your profile. You are no longer "dreaming of an RV-9a" you are officially an RV builder. Exciting, isn't it?

Awesome Jimmy. Welcome to the building funny farm! Mark a finish date on your calendar about 4 years from now, mark down a target budget number on a spreadsheet... Then crumple both of them up and trash 'em! :D

In all seriousness, enjoy the build. It has its ups and downs, but worth it. And in the end, you have your own personal cloud-hopping fun machine.

Tail is 98% knowledge gained and only 2% plane built

Jimmy congratulations! The empennage is probably the most memorable sub kit. You are up for a great adventure please keep us informed. Roll your sleeves and make some workbenches. Buy right primer :)

Good luck with your project! It is quite the journey, and very rewarding getting that first kit started (and completed).