prkaye

Well Known Member
There were several threads about the Nose-Job when it came out a while back, and I installed one. I just performed a couple of forum searches but have found no discussion of the related product, the "lip-skid". I'm debating about whether or not to add this product to my RV. Any thoughts on this product and its potential value to prevent nose-over incidents?

I would put it on if I had a nosewheel airplane. On a friend's 6A that flipped over on our strip (I had to extracate them from the airplane) there was ample evidence that the nose of the fork slid on the grass a considerable distance before the leg yielded.

L:ip Skid!!!!!!!

There were several threads about the Nose-Job when it came out a while back, and I installed one. I just performed a couple of forum searches but have found no discussion of the related product, the "lip-skid". I'm debating about whether or not to add this product to my RV. Any thoughts on this product and its potential value to prevent nose-over incidents?
I looked for the thread that pertained to the "Lip Skid" and for the life of me I can't find it! Oh well!
The video is on our web site showing install and intended use and operation. We don't seem to get any feed-back on this item even though we have over a thousand of them out there. I guess that is good as no news is good news when it comes to this nose gear issue. We have them in stock and can answer any questions you may have. Feel free to give us a call, we are always ready to talk airplanes. Thanks, Allan....:D

I looked for the thread that pertained to the "Lip Skid" and for the life of me I can't find it! Oh well!
The video is on our web site showing install and intended use and operation. We don't seem to get any feed-back on this item even though we have over a thousand of them out there. I guess that is good as no news is good news when it comes to this nose gear issue. We have them in stock and can answer any questions you may have. Feel free to give us a call, we are always ready to talk airplanes. Thanks, Allan....:D

A search for the less delicate words - "Jock Strap" - would be more fruitful...:)

A search for the less delicate words - "Jock Strap" - would be more fruitful...:)

This is the "jock strap":

normal_MVC-001S.JPG

This is the "lip skid":

870a3c50578a165f45b245d81db121e4_c0qw.png

GH

Useless....unless .....

Well, I think they are heavy, useless, dumb, and expensive if you never need it but I put one on anyway because I got to thinking that if I ever did bounce one on a undulating grass strip,.... well, then it might be wonderful, smart, and cheap to have installed :)

It's just a belt and suspenders kinda thing to me !

Bill