prkaye

Well Known Member
I set up my new air compressor tonight. It's a Porter Cable C5510. There was no air hose in the box. Is this usually purchased separately, or should it have been in the box?
If purchased separately, what should I look for in one?

Usualy seperate. Go with standard 3/8" ID hose in whatever length you will need. I find anything over 20-25 feet too difficult to roll up and store. I would rather have two 20's and hook them together on the rare occations I need a long hose. I have a wall mounted reel with 50 feet on it which is really handy and quick to roll back up.

And, a nice rubber hose will coil easier, will be more flexible, and will generally be easier to work with than a cheap plastic one. Harbor Freight sells rubber Goodyear hoses for a reasonable price.

Check the oil level

Phil,

compressors vary in terms of what's included, my last one had nothing, but most importantly:

Also, some compressors do not ship with oil installed, and you have to supply that. (as well as a pressure regulator, air drier, and hose). If the compressor takes oil, check the level before you fire it up.

Art