TomVal

Well Known Member
This week, I have left 3 voice msgs on their office phone line to order the Silver Bullet tail wheel link. No one has returned a call. Their website does not list an e-mail contact either. Has anyone else had a problem ordering through this company???

Regards,
Tom
RV8

Last edited:
My experience

I bought a Silverbullet a couple of years ago and then discovered it was too long. That meant that I had to deal with the business a second time. Both times, I found him slow in responding (probably two weeks or so) and I almost gave up. But, both times, he was great to work with and responded very quickly once he got back to me. He made a shorter, custom link and traded it for the original at no extra cost. I had even damaged one of the smaller parts in trying to install the original one, and he just sent along an extra at no charge. I don't know about now, but patience got me something I really like. After all, it wasn't something that was keeping me from flying.

That said, I jumped on a slightly used Silverbullet offered through the VAF classified a week or two ago 'cause I knew Paul wanted one and it was a more certain way of getting one for him.

"CONTACT" with Silver Bullet!!!

After two weeks, five phone calls, one e-mail...I finally heard from the Silver Bullet folks! They were very appolgetic about not responding to the inquiries. They offered to send me the tailwheel steering linkage at no charge to try it out. If I didn't like it, just return it. Very nice people! Of course, I ordered one.

Silver Bullet Installation Question

I am getting ready to install the Silver Bullet Tailwheel Steering Link. Should the tail wheel be unloaded before removing the 3/4" tailwheel post hold down nut? Also, upon re-assembly, is there a torque value for this self locking nut or is the nut tightened down by feel / tailwheel swivel motion?

Thanks

I am getting ready to install the Silver Bullet Tailwheel Steering Link. Should the tail wheel be unloaded before removing the 3/4" tailwheel post hold down nut? Also, upon re-assembly, is there a torque value for this self locking nut or is the nut tightened down by feel / tailwheel swivel motion?

Thanks

I always work on my tailwheel "unloaded", just because it is easier if it is on a sawhorse, and my back is getting old. I generally tighten the nut by feel, but I am sure that someone will offer the correct torque setting.

Paul

ANOTHER CASE OF "NO SILVER BULLET CONTACT"

I've been trying to contact the Silver Bullet guy(s) for three weeks, and my neighbor had been trying for two weeks before that! Between us we are trying to order three of the links for ourselves and a third friend. Neither of us has been successful in reaching them. I'm encouraging the good folks at Aviation Products, Inc. in California, from whom I just purchased a tailwheel, to start making this link and offering it with their tailwheel. I told them that there is a lot of business opportunity out there and that the Silver Bullet folks are COMPLETELY UNRESPONSIVE. I now have the new tailwheel sitting here and can't install it because I have no link. My two friends are in the same situation. I have never seen such an unresponsive business in my life!

Jon Moore
[email protected]
(561) 731-1899

Same Problem

I had the same problem. My parts did eventually come 14 weeks after I ordered them. My advice is to be patient. This is definitely not a way to run a business, but the parts are great.

Suprising there is such a customer service issue. With all that money for late night infomercials, you would think . . . oh, sorry . . . I was thinking "Magic Bullet"! ;)