jsherblon

Well Known Member
First, let me preface this by saying I had shrimp for dinner last night. When I eat shrimp I usually have dreams - in Technicolor with a plot. I call it dinner and a movie.
So, this morning I wake up, or so I thought. Somewhere in the twilight zone of semi-consciousness, I started thinking about my project, where I'm almost done prepping the fuel tanks, getting ready to step into the mysterious land of Pro-Seal.
I began to think about the fuel tank skins and why some holes were machine countersunk and some weren't and?.. wait - didn't I countersink the spars too! Something's not right. You can't machine countersink both mating surfaces. Now, I'm staring at the ceiling thinking about the relative costs of new fuel tank skins vs. new spars. So I got out of bed and went into the garage straight to the drawings.
Oh, that's right, the fuel tank countersinks attach to the tank baffle not the spar. The spar is countersunk for the leading edge and main skins. (DUH!)
So, there are two outcomes from this story. First, my wife thinks I'm totally nuts and second, I'm thinking about naming my plane Night Sweats.
BTW - I grew up in Mississipi and shrimp will stay on the menu no matter what.

My wife says it's OCD. I'll be sitting there watching t.v. and like a cat that suddenly wants to be in another room, I'll jump up, run into the garage just to verify something. It happens almost on a daily basis. And I too have lost sleep over seemingly minor details that seem to expand in my mind. It's OK, the voices tell me I'll be over it soon. Don't "sweat it" we've all been there.

Jorge - I really wasn't going to mention the voices in my head - nor the recurring dreams like the secret airport around the corner from my house that I can't find, or flying formation IFR.

name

airguy said:
I'm going to name mine "Misc. Expense"
I'd say mine will be
" WICKED GAME"
OR "MISS APPROPRIATION" ( OF FUNDS)
silver and blue p-51 paint scheme w invasion stripes I do believe... AND A fastback conversion... Maybe it would be better to build the -4 with the rocket fastback but with only the 4cyl....
Still Flying the poor mans 6a...71 yankee...
Brian

I'm still thinkin' "Midnight Oil" , because that seems to be when most of the work is done on this bird.

just curious....I've probably got it, but what's OCD? ...oh and BTW, how 'bout "Bubba Gump" ?

Shhhhh don't let the feds hear this

jsherblon said:
First, let me preface this by saying I had shrimp for dinner last night. When I eat shrimp I usually have dreams - in Technicolor with a plot. I call it dinner and a movie.
QUOTE]

You don't live near a nuclear power plant do you? :eek:

At least I'm not alone.

Years ago I started building a -6A and had the most disturbing dream that I had dimpled EVERY hole in my HS skins in the WRONG DIRECTION! Interestingly, I started trying to devise a way to save the skins. I don't think it would have worked.

Fred Magare
magaref "at" hayscisd.net