We are building an RV12is with some high school students. We are working on attaching the aft fuselage section to the fwd fuselage section. I am concerned about doing this without having the wire harness and other avionics equipment in the aft fuselage installed.

I am looking for some direction on what sections we should accomplish prior to mating these two sections.

Thanks in advance
Steve

The only wiring going all the way through to the tail is for the trim motor, so its really not that big a deal.

Installing the fuel system after the tail is attached will be painful.

The ADSB is installed on the aft side of the baggage bulkhead, but it's not hard to get to from the opening. And the Dynon ADHRS is there as well, but you can't install that until they're joined. So go for it. :)

I did my tail attach about 3 weeks ago, and am finishing out the tailcone fairing now. Control cables next, and I hope I didn't screw myself getting those connected because all the wiring is now in the way. :(

I did my tail attach about 3 weeks ago, and am finishing out the tailcone fairing now. Control cables next, and I hope I didn't screw myself getting those connected because all the wiring is now in the way. :(
Did you remove the vertical and stabilator to install the aft fuselage to the fwd?

We are building an RV12is with some high school students. We are working on attaching the aft fuselage section to the fwd fuselage section. I am concerned about doing this without having the wire harness and other avionics equipment in the aft fuselage installed.

I am looking for some direction on what sections we should accomplish prior to mating these two sections.

Thanks in advance
Steve
You might search for contact with Robert Jans. He's having built an RV12 by students of a Highschool environment here, in the Netherlands.
[email protected]

Thanks in advance
Steve
Put off attaching the tail cone as long as you possibly can. That gives you great access to lots of stuff.

Jerre