olderthandirt

Well Known Member
I am about to reach in build where they say to couple the empennage with the fuselage, many have suggested leaving them apart to be able to roll fuse on side to install fuel lines etc...also when I built empennage I have stabilator and verticle fin installed...I would guess that has to come off to do tail cone anyway?? suggestions..thanks

My empennage, tail cone and fuselage are all separate at this point. It is easier to install the wiring, fuel and brake lines by just flipping the fuse on its side. I have the fuse sitting on the finish kit crate.

I'll still have a couple of things to hook up when I'm done, but I think it'll be easier this way. It'll also be easier to install the ADHR and ADSB stuff.

It requires less work space this way. I have the emp wrapped in blankets in my home office, the tailcone hanging from the ceiling in the garage using rope that is running in those long pool 'floaties' to protect the fuse.

Bob

the tailcone is hanging from the ceiling in the garage using rope that is running in those long pool 'floaties' to protect the fuse.

I like that idea, Bob! I'm planning to hang mine, too. The "floaties" sound like a great way to protect it!

next step

Bob, thanks for reply...I will remove my stabilator and tail fin...needs painting and tail cone build anywy...then rolling empennage and fuslodge easier to install fuel and brake lines...Dick