Alpha Foxtrot

I'm New Here
From the website of Sie Erhalten, LLB of Scherzen Germany. "Sie Erhalten, LLB today announces the first installation of the next generation digitally automated industrial processing, the Sie W?nschen 6100, at Van's Aircraft in Aurora Oregon, USA. This installation adds a new dimension to automated industrial processing for Van's, the number one kit aircraft builder in the world, makers of the RV series of aircraft.
The new equipment combines a series of manufacturing processes into a single, unified production process. These include metal cutting, 3D metal shaping, punching, dimpling, drilling, deburring, anodizing, and laser engraving.
Beginning immediately, all aircraft components shipped from Van's will be ready to assemble. All pre-assembly preparation has been completed at the factory. Kit builders simply have to match the appropriate components using the laser engraved codes, and then rivet them together. All aluminum components are anodized in the builder?s choice of colors ? red, blue, green, black, or gold.
In conjunction, Van's Aircraft today announced that all RV aircraft kits will be assembled using blind or "pop" rivets. A spokesman for Van's Aircraft stated, "This is a new era for kitplane builders. Building an RV kitplane will now be as simple as assembling a child?s toy before Christmas.?

Bravo!
I guess I'll have to reorder my wings ... will be nice to not have to deburr and dimple all those holes. Wonder if they can do custom patterns in the anodization ;) ;) ;)

Thomas
-8 wings

Timing is everything

What an appropriate day to make such a breathtaking announcement! But you neglected to mention that "Par Excellance" a Belgian company also announced a lucrative labor agreement in conjunction with Sie Erhalten. All a potential RV builder need do is place an order and the Tooth Fairy will deliver the goods while you sleep.

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

Hahahaha,

AF, Alpha Foxtrot... does that stand for anything else?

Hmmmm, One post from AF...

It does make one wonder if it is genuine!

But then again, if it is on the internet, it MUST be true!

:D CJ

Wow! Can't wait till I can order my fuselage! I think you missed the part about the price being lowered by 50% also due to the effeciency gained with the new equipment. :eek:

Captain_John said:
Hahahaha,

AF, Alpha Foxtrot... does that stand for anything else?

Hmmmm, One post from AF...

It does make one wonder if it is genuine!

But then again, if it is on the internet, it MUST be true!

I'm with you here, cap'n.
It is april first for sure!

Alpha Foxtrot said:
Building an RV kitplane will now be as simple as assembling a child?s toy before Christmas.? [/I]

Anyone who's ever done this knows this is NOT the gold standard to strive for....

Confirmed

Van's actually answered the phone and I ordered mine in done in blue today. There is a long waiting period though... :confused:

Last edited:
More News

LifeofReiley said:
Van's actually answered the phone and I ordered mine in done in blue today. There is a long waiting period though... :confused:

Did they also tell you the OTHER big news? "Van's Aircraft of Aurora Oregon announced today that slider and tip-up canopies are no longer available. All RV kitplanes, including the RV-10 will now come in the builder's choice of side hinged canopy or open cockpit models. An additional exciting announcement about landing gear configuration will be made at the Sun n' Fun Fly-In next week!"

More News

Why yes they did... I was'nt going to spill the beans on that one. I got the open canopy with the pusher option and retract gear setup... :D

LifeofReiley said:
Why yes they did... I was'nt going to spill the beans on that one. I got the open canopy with the pusher option and retract gear setup... :D

The inverted landing gear is a good option to get too! The traditional retracts are double hinged so they can sprout UPWARDS as well as down! This enables the pilot to do inveted touch n' goes!

I remember one time I was on final and inverted, as I put gear down I was wondering... was I REALLY putting gear DOWN?

Vans is also revamping their shipping department. Starting Monday, all orders placed before 4:00 pm Pacific time will ship no later than Friday of the following week...

Some of You Are So Gulible

Alpha Foxtrot huh....could it be....I'm sure....today is 4/1.....yea....it is.

By the way I hear that Vans also announced today that each kit comes with your choice of a blonde or a brunette. If you get a QB, you get two. For an additional fee you can upgrade to a redhead. :D

Capflyer said:

By the way I hear that Vans also announced today that each kit comes with your choice of a blonde or a brunette. If you get a QB, you get two. For an additional fee you can upgrade to a redhead. :D

You missed the fine print though....they are listed as "Builder's Assistants" on the packing slip, and only come with the sexy tailwheel models.... :D

Ironflight said:
You missed the fine print though....they are listed as "Builder's Assistants" on the packing slip, and only come with the sexy tailwheel models.... :D

Cool, I can send them out to get jobs to finance the whole thing.....er, but what do I do with them after the plane is built? (just a two-seater) :confused:

Capflyer said:

I read the above to my wife (a redhead) and she said "tell them you got your redhead for free." And then we both had a big laugh...