Stuart Grant

I had planned on ordering avionics for my RV-12 kit about 6-months ago but other critical factors have intervened and so I can wait a bit. Wondering if RV-12 builders would prefer a new 12-inch Dynon display rather than a 10-inch and perhaps other announced upgraded Dynon gear. I wonder if Van's will offer the "improved" stuff in the foreseeable future. I plan to use a single display, so bigger, more sunlight readable, is better. If it will fit.

I think the 12 inch display would be a bit of a squeeze on the RV12 panel. The 10 inch is awfully close to the canopy frame. Who knows, they may find a way to get it in there.
Cheers DaveH

I had planned on ordering avionics for my RV-12 kit about 6-months ago but other critical factors have intervened and so I can wait a bit. Wondering if RV-12 builders would prefer a new 12-inch Dynon display rather than a 10-inch and perhaps other announced upgraded Dynon gear. I wonder if Van's will offer the "improved" stuff in the foreseeable future. I plan to use a single display, so bigger, more sunlight readable, is better. If it will fit.

It seems like the extra screen space would be nice to have, and in the context of most builds it's an easy enough change to accommodate. It will be interesting to watch for an update to the kit, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon. They seem to take the ASTM process further and more seriously than other E-LSA kit providers. Total speculation, but I would not think they currently have the bandwidth to document and approve a design change that would have a relatively low return. Hopefully I'm way off and you Dynon guys get the big screen option.