skidmk

Well Known Member
Okay,,, looking through the aeroelectic book and cannot find an answer to my question.

mil spec wire.... number 22759/16-14 is this a 14 or a 16? I have others that are just 22759/16-16 ? /18-16 etc etc. is the last number the awg or is it the first?

thanks

Mike

Last number is gauge

skidmk said:
Okay,,, looking through the aeroelectic book and cannot find an answer to my question.

mil spec wire.... number 22759/16-14 is this a 14 or a 16? I have others that are just 22759/16-16 ? /18-16 etc etc. is the last number the awg or is it the first?

thanks

Mike

The "slash" on the part number is the "sub-type" for want of a better word.... :)

The last number is the gauge.

So the number {22759/16-14} you give is /16 (the usual aircraft stuff) that is 14 gauge.

...hope this helps....

gil in Tucson

Gil is spot on. What is printed on the wire is actually:

M22759/16-XX-Y

Where XX is the AWG and Y is the color code (0-9)

There are a whole host of other numbers that can be added or modified for each mil spec for a whole myriad of minute changes, but the stadard aircraft wire is /16.

Cheers,
Stein.

Wire

The most common type of aircraft wire codes/part #'s can be viewed and saved to your computer for future reference here.

www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf/wire.pdf

Please note small correction, the 22 gauge is 3.68#'s per 1,000 ft
I will try to get that fixed.

There are a lot more specs than this, but this will cover most everything on an RV :cool:

Last edited:
Fixed

GAHco said:
Please note small correction, the 22 gauge is 3.68#'s per 1,000 ft
I will try to get that fixed.

All better now. :)

Thanks for the help Jonathan. :cool:

MCA said:
There is a lot of generic information that should be helpful to you

Yep, sure was.

I am in the middle of doing the wiring now, printed off a couple of pages to take out to the project.

Thanks.

Mike