mrblob

Well Known Member
Benefactor
My wife and I are going to be in New Zealand (Christchurch and Queenstown) for the first week of December. Are there any RVers down there who might be interested in going flying? Maybe trade some RV time if you're ever in California? I looked into one of the flying safari vacations, but their a little spendy for me...

Thanks!

Paul

Prediction.....

I predict that you will wish you scheduled your trip for 2 or 3 weeks.:D Great place, great people!

We were there for a 2 week vacation..not enough! .. 3 or 4 would have been better.. Now we want to go back...

I lived there for three years and that was not enough! Would move back in a heartbeat if conditions were right (I do still have my permanent resident card).

greg

Gidday Paul, I'm in Auckland at the other end of NZ, so that and the fact that my RV7 should be just out of its 40 hrs by then (so I won't be ready to share it with anyone) means I can't offer it to you.

Having said that, let me know if you have some time in Auckland and I'd be more than happy to show you 'round.

Auckland and Ardmore

My daughter married a Kiwi and lives in Auckland. I've lived and traveled all over the world and I think NZ is just about the most beautiful place I've ever seen, not to mention very nice people and a fascinating culture.

If you get to visit the Auckland area, check out the Ardmore airport. I haven't met any RVers there (but I think there is one or two on the field), but there are lots of interesting planes there. There's a Lockheed 10 under restoration (what a beautiful piece of work!), a PBY Catalina based on the field, the home factory for the Falcomposite (a flying work of art in my opinion), a hangar full of warbirds, several FBOs, and restaurant or two . . . all in all, a very cool place.

My wife and I are going to be in New Zealand (Christchurch and Queenstown) for the first week of December. Are there any RVers down there who might be interested in going flying? Maybe trade some RV time if you're ever in California? I looked into one of the flying safari vacations, but their a little spendy for me...

Paul

Hi Paul,

Drop me an email (see my profile), NZ is reasonable small in RV terms (think single tank of gas from tip to toe! :) ) I'm unlikely to be south at that point in Dec but there are a few people that I might be able to introduce. I doubt you would get a 'loan RV' but might be able to get some air under your feet in the P2 seat.

Carl

PS: ZK-VII still going well, I'm now working - hence my lower post count over recent weeks.