dspender

Well Known Member
Patron
I just ordered from Avery my RV tool kit. I'm going to get some practice sheets of aluminum and rivets from Aircraft Spruce like one of you suggested. I am going to start practicing the art. I am visiting Van's Mar 23 for a RV 14 demo. I paid my donation to this fine site about a week ago. I'm so excited.:p

Welcome!

to VAF, Dennis. With a last name like yours, you'll fit in just fine! :D Avery makes good tools. You will find that you'll end up buying from most all of the vendors as you progress in your "education." Have fun building, whatever kit you decide on...

Get a tool box kit from Vans to practice multiple skills

...or the mini-wing kit. My wife and I made a mini-wing together at a Sport-Air workshop. It turned out having several blemishes, but we learned a lot. After we were done, we both signed and dated it with a Sharpie, and it hangs on my shop wall as a reminder of how far we've come!

Good suggestions. My wife even likes the idea. I guess she likes seeing me take care of all her projects right now, so they are out of the way, when my kit finally arrives, not that her projects are any less important than mine;)

...or the mini-wing kit. My wife and I made a mini-wing together at a Sport-Air workshop. It turned out having several blemishes, but we learned a lot. After we were done, we both signed and dated it with a Sharpie, and it hangs on my shop wall as a reminder of how far we've come!

I found the Sportair sheetmetal workshop to be worth every penny. I definitely intend to go back for further workshops as I progress along in the build. I've got my eye on the electronics course in particular...

here's hoping

You mentioned a few blemishes. I hope it wasn't one of those "heavy wing" problems!