Bavafa

Well Known Member
Here is an idea for someone to make a tool that I think can be very handy, perhaps Allen from Antisplatareo

A wrench for the A model to hold both (simultaneously) lower spar nuts so the closer tolerance bolts can be properly torqued. It does not seem to be hard to make it, very useful and every A-model own ought to have one.

I don't quite understand what problem this tool would solve, but maybe is is a 6A vs 7A thing. Either way, I'm always looking for an excuse to get more tools...haha

Even better..

A ground down wrench works fine for holding them for tightening, what I found more challenging (have done 2 7A's - my son's and mine) was holding the nuts in position to begin with. We ended up super gluing the nuts to a strip of aluminum, and even that was not easy.

What is really needed is a bracket/holder that will hold those nuts in place while installing the bolt, and then just leave it in place to hold the nuts for tightening (no way to get it out anyway, so just leave it in place :rolleyes: )
Torque is not critical for those bolts (they are in shear, not tension) but it has to be robust enough to allow a decent snugging.

A ground down wrench works fine for holding them for tightening, what I found more challenging (have done 2 7A's - my son's and mine) was holding the nuts in position to begin with. We ended up super gluing the nuts to a strip of aluminum, and even that was not easy.

What is really needed is a bracket/holder that will hold those nuts in place while installing the bolt, and then just leave it in place to hold the nuts for tightening (no way to get it out anyway, so just leave it in place :rolleyes: )
Torque is not critical for those bolts (they are in shear, not tension) but it has to be robust enough to allow a decent snugging.

I find holding the inner nut is not that hard with a modified wrench but the outer nut is rather hard. This tool does not need a lot of holding power, only enough to be able to torque or retorque.