New to Site

(Info): duplicate post, other in RV7 specific thread.

Hi, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been ghosting this site for a while as it is a daily must to keep my spirits up. I am going to eventually build and fly an RV-7. I am currently in the military (USAF) living in Italy. That puts a damper in my building plans but I am hoping to talk the wife into getting the Emp kit and working on it here.

A little about me:

I grew up in Dallas, Texas. I love being from there. I joined the Air Force in 2003 and I love being in the military. It is a very tough life sometimes but is worth it completely. I was stationed at Hurlburt Field, Florida and subsequently served in Iraq. I am now stationed in Pisa, Italy and feel very lucky to be be here.

When I was a little boy I had a dream that I built a plane and flew it. This is one of my fondest memories as a child and was remembered the moment I found out about Van's Aircraft (that was a couple months ago).

I am an AGE mechanic. That means I work on Aircraft Support Equipment. Generators, Air Conditioners, Hydraulic tests stand, and the list goes on....and on. I like my job, it has taught me a great deal. I have learned a lot, including engines (turbine, diesel, and gas) A/C's, and electrical and pneumatic systems. I feel my background was fate as I have always dreamed to fly. My allergies ruined my chances at flying in the AF so I look towards Van's to fulfill my mission.

I am also in school right now. I am working towards my B.S. in Agriculture and Environmental Sciences.

I am a big fan of this site, and find it entertaining and very motivating. I think you builders out there have done some amazing work. I just hope a rookie like me can fit somewhere in the mix. It is truly a gift to be able to have these dreams of flight and the means to accomplish them. I appreciate this knowledge base and all those who have busted their knuckles to fill it.

I am sure I'll have a million questions later. I am young, but I study and read on varying subjects daily. I don't pretend to know more than I do, but hopefully I can add different perspective and thought process to this site.

V/r
-SD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, once again, I say Welcome to the site. And on the correct thread this time!!

Also, thanks for your service to the country.

Last edited:
Thanks for your service.

Since you duplicated the post (a big no no;)) you have been extended to your current duty post and enlistment obilgation by 6 more month.

Welcome to VAF.