Desert Rat

Well Known Member
After what seems like lifetime of flying other peoples airplanes, a couple of years ago I started getting serious about an RV.

I won't bore you with the details of all the analysis paralysis I went through, but I had pretty much finally settled on a 7 and even though I was hoping to find a deal on a used kit, I'd given up on ever finding one that was both a decent quality and close enough to go through the hassle of bringing it home.

I was planning to buy a new emp kit on Sept 5th because it's my birthday, but on the 4th a guy here in town reached out to me to see if I was still interested in buying his 7 wing and emp.

Timing was right, price was right, and the location couldn't be beaten. 2 days later I had it in the garage. How cool is that?

It needs some rework, but I couldn't have asked for an easier transaction and I'm really excited to dig in.

After the dust settled, I started a kit log with the new EAA program. Here's a link if anybody is interested. Feel free to comment, as I'm sure I'll have tons of questions and mistakes made along the way.

https://myeaa.org/?myproject&proj=7WxtkKls2&add

Congratulations, Terry!

I'm also an AZ builder working on a 7. I'm about two years and 3 months into my project and am working on the bulkheads for the fuselage. I work on my project every chance I get, which usually means long hours in my garage on the weekends. I have a full-time job and a family, so not much progress is made during the week.

Good luck!

Ryan