Dayton made a custom throttle quadrant for me that is a tad unusual. I can't claim it as an original idea - I copied the idea from Dirk Schlichtenhorst in Germany.

I can't say enough about both the service and the quality of Dayton's work!

The unusual feature is that the 3rd lever is for carb heat. I can't say this is FAA compliant for "production spam can" airplanes, but that's why we're building Experimentals, right? I believe the FAA is pretty specific on the carb heat control shape and type for production airplanes.

Anyway, the logic of the thing appealed to me. YMMV. I can anticipate that some who swear by standardized controls may not think it is a good idea, but there you are.

One thing I'm thinking of doing is addressing it somehow in my eventual POH.

Here's a pic for your edification, if I can get the photo upload right:

006copyo.jpg

Looks really nice!

My RV-8 has a three lever control with the third lever controlling carb-heat. It was a standard 3-level and had no labels so your looks much nicer.

I happy with the setup. Let me know how you like it!

Looks nice

Just watch you don't mistake mixture for carb heat. Might make the carb heat knob even bigger/taller than mixt. Can happen easily if you're distracted in the pattern / task saturated.
Looks great though!

Dayton has made a few parts for me and helped me out more times than I can count. He is a very nice fellow and a great asset to the RV community.