6 Gun

Well Known Member
I was checking out the new goggle tablet and seen it had some good features and wondered what the tech guys thought about it and the different uses that are out there for the RV.
Inside, the Nexus 7 packs the usual assortment of features, including an accelerometer, magnetometer and yes, even a gyroscope and GPS chip, nicely timed to take advantage of Google Maps' new offline mode for navigating when Wi-Fi isn't available. do you think an efis for a back is coming
Bob

Anyone care to update the list of moving map/flight planning apps for Android?

(I want one; I just want cockpit-friendly software for it.)

Charlie

Ive been using avilution. its similar to, but without some of the bells and whistles of, foreflight.
selectable sectionals (all usable offline), low/high IFR, TAC, nextrad/metar overlays, flight planning, aopa and FAA AFD, flight planning, rubber band magenta flight line, tap-to-add waypoint/point of interest etc...
I don't have an iPood and have been using it on my Xoom since last November.
very easy to operate, moving map and all maps are geo-referenced.
5$/month and its on a month to month charge. so if you don't like it after a few months you haven't invested 75$ plus on a yearly subscription.
I think the new nexus would be a more manageable device in the cockpit but the xoom is what I have so I will continue to use it...
http://www.avilution.com/

Anyone care to update the list of moving map/flight planning apps for Android?

(I want one; I just want cockpit-friendly software for it.)

Charlie