647jc

Well Known Member
Do the new style nose wheel pant brackets U-713C L & R replace both the front and rear old style brackets or do they only replace the rear brackets that are attached via the axle bolt?

Last edited:
Wheel Pant Brackets

Everyone needs to be aware the brackets were designed for the latest version of the wheel pant, and will not work on the older version.

I didn't know about the different styles and Van's didn't mention it in the service bulletin, I ordered the new brackets, prepared them for mounting, you have to drill out the hole and remove material so they will slip over the bolt,
reached for the wheel pant to figure out how to remove the old brackets and install the new ones and found they won't fit. Mine are to narrow for the brackets. Mine have nearly flat sides and the newer ones are wider and more rounded.

I'm now stuck with the brackets (Van's won't take them back) or order a new wheel pant to use them with.

Does anyone know if the latest version will add any speed?

David

Could somebody tell me how many rivets Van suggests using on each of the 4 flanges on the new style bracket?

Thanks!

I riveted the brackets and just remove the two socket head bolts to easily slide the pant off, leaving the axle nut and bolt undisturbed. I used two rivets per flange (8 per side) and then glassed in the flanges for added strength. Drill a couple extra holes for resin to weep in for better asdhesion. You can countersink the rivets and fill over them for a nice clean look.

Roberta