curtis

Well Known Member
The following is out of an AIN article.

NIAR Offering Oil Analysis Service for All Engine Types The National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) at Wichita State University is offering a new oil analysis service for all types of piston and turbine engines. NIAR’s new oil analysis lab can perform trivector analysis (wear, contamination, general oil chemistry); infrared spectroscopy (monitors molecular substance in oil); particle count/shape recognition; elemental analysis (checking for elements that correlate to contaminants, wear metals and additives); and viscosity testing. Each test can be purchased individually for $22, or in packages. The oil chemistry & contamination package and the wear debris package each cost $44. NIAR has a database of more than 20,000 engines, according to a spokesman. “We can do just about any engine, as long as it’s oil lubricated,” he said. For more obscure engines, NIAR will research the data on the engine so it can conduct a proper analysis. Once it receives the package, NIAR can turn around an oil sample within 24 hours and send a report via email or, if preferred, by regular mail or phone consultation.

This is just some info I received in an e-mail that I thought someone else might find useful. Personally I beleive cutting the filter open and inspecting the sump screen is more than adequate and the results are free and almost immediate.

Last edited: