logansc

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried the new Sammy Galaxy Tab 7.7 as a portable nav/approach plate platform yet? Not sure you can even get them in the U.S. yet without ordering from overseas (Amazon seems to have a couple available for re-sale at very high prices). With its Super AMOLED display, it might have the contrast to work well in 'our' environment. Just wondering...

Lee...

I have one. I do a lot of work in the mobile security space. I have not tried it in the airplane yet, I've been using a iPad and a 1st gen Samsung tab. Both the iPad and the 1st gen Samsung are hard to read in bright sunlight. I just made a trip LZU - EYW and back and found that bother currntly suffer from that. The new tab might be marginally better, we'll see. I also find the iPad too large, the smaller tab is a better form factor. The iPad software seems better, I use digisectional on the iPad and naviator on the tab. All in all, if I'm buying a device just as an efb (which I am) I'm waiting until the iFly units support portrait and have an Airgizmo dock.