AX-O

Well Known Member
All,
I got a call from a gentleman yesterday. His name is Gene (log in 20foxtrot). He just purchased a flying RV-4 and does not have much RV building experience. Unfortunately he damaged the left elevator when moving the airplane into the hangar. I have an elevator that may work but I am in California and he is in Angleton, TX (50 miles south of Houston). Shipping cost would be astronomical.

Is there anyone closer than me that can help out with his situation? Thanks.

I'm not far from Angleton (57 nm N) but I can't offer anything but a few ideas... perhaps he could try and contact Bruce Bohannon or another RVer at the nearby Flyin' Tiger airstrip?

Flyin' Tiger is a sweeet grass strip about 10 miles north of Brazoria County and home base of Bruce and his much modified RV-4... I believe there might be another RV or two based there as well. Bruce has gotta have quite the shop and tool collection, plus maybe a spare elevator or two lying around?

Not sure if this helps, but it's worth a shot. Flyin' Tiger strip and contact info here;
http://www.airnav.com/airport/81D

I agree, Flyin Tiger is a good place to check. Might also check in with Ironflight at Polly Ranch, not to far away - he knows many RVers in the area.

TODR

I agree, Flyin Tiger is a good place to check. Might also check in with Ironflight at Polly Ranch, not to far away - he knows many RVers in the area.

TODR

We're out in California for the week, but I was going to suggest checking with Bruce as well - you never know what might be lurking around the hangar at Flyin' Tiger!