OK, here is the deal. I am starting a Brand New QB Rv Shiping Company! I have seen a market for it, so I am jumping at the opportunity! First of all, what has Vans charged you personally to ship your QB Kit? I am going to be ready to go here in a few weeks as soon as I take delivery of my NEW FULLY ENCLOSED TRAILER!

I can do it a lot cheaper and get your kit to your door faster and a lot safer than an XYZ Trucking company. And we will BEAT ANYBODYS price. I live in the Portland (PDX) area so Vans is about 30 minutes from my door (Lucky me I know). And you save from having to pay ANY crate charges that Vans will charge you. Your QB kit will enter our trailer and not leave it until it reaches your door step. We even stay and help you unload it. Our trailer is fully enclosed and we have an awesome system for transporting QB Kits so nothing moves around while in transport. Your kit will be fully guaranteed to arrive on your door step just the way it left Vans. We even are installing a GPS Tracking device so you can see exactly where your QB Kit is, minute by minute.

Please let me know if any of you guys are interested as we are getting ready for our first run! We would love to deliver 2 or 3 kits per run. We will deliver anywhere in the U.S (except, obviously, Hawaii). We can even go to Canada and Alaska if need be!

We will ship a regular kit as well, it doesnt have to be a QB kit. If you already have a quote for shipping your kit give us a chance to give you a quote first, you will be happy. We are very professional guys. And best of all, RV Builders as well!!

Email us at [email protected]
Thanks for your time!

I am in Carson City, Nevada. Vans gave me a rate of $732.00 to ship my 7A Fuse to Reno which is about 30 miles north. I not in any hurry as I have plenty to do for now. Please send a quote to [email protected]. I can go up and get it for around $350.00.

Good luck and I hope it works out.

$650.00 to your door

How does $650.00 sound? I can have it there in two days from when we pick it up at Vans. Is it just the Fuse? Let me know if you want to work this out. Is it ready to be picked up?
THANKS!

Question

Not to rain on anyone's parade but are these interstate haulers licensed, bonded, and insured? Are we covered if, God forgid, our brand new quickbuild gets wrapped around a tree or goes over a cliff?

A few questions...

How much experience do you have in the shipping industry?

How much experience do you have with RV's, are you a builder, owner?

It seems strange, at least to me that you would ask how much Vans charged for shipping (although Vans doesn't really charge for shipping). Are you looking to compete with Vans or have you made an arrangement with them?

Does your new shipping company have a name?

Tom already brought up the question of insurance and the like.

Rat

RV Questions

My Father and I have Built and flew an RV-8 and have had two other RV-4's. No, Vans does not "ship" the kit but they do give you a quote. we have always picked up our kits, so I know how to pack them into our trailer and how they need to be handled. But, I wasnt sure exactly what some have paid to get them shipped so I wanted to hear some exact numbers. The numbers that I have heard are expensive. Yes, I do have experience in shipping. I used to own a FedEx Ground "Bulk" route where all I did was deal with the "oversize" packages. As far as insurance, I am in progress right now of getting a policy that will cover these kits, my agent is working on it as of yesterday.

The last thing I want to do is compete with Van's. I do not have a partnership with them, but hopefully I can be refered to by Van's. I am going to talk to them next week about it after my insurance is squared away and I take delivery of my new trailer.

The reason for this is simply just to get away from using some regular shipping company that doesnt understand what they are shipping and just what it means to the builder. These Kits need a lot of care when they are shipped and its a real shame when they show up damaged.

Thanks for your questions!

P.S. Im thinking "Alexander's RV Transporters", but thats up in the air.