pierre smith

Well Known Member
My stepson, James Watson, a Marine reservist is now working at Ray Lawrence's builder assist facility, in Sandersville, Ga..aiming to become an A&P and has been building on a -7A in house and a -10. Here he is during a condition inspection on this pretty -10:

DSCN0246.jpg

Ray also has a -3 underway for another friend:

DSCN0247.jpg

Currently, there's another -10 underway and a -7A, close to flying:

DSCN0245-1.jpg

Located in central Georgia, Ray has been involved in 16 RV' builds, from -3's to -10's and all models in between.

Best,

Last edited:
FSDO would not count hours

working on "Experimentals" toward my A&P sign-off. Yeah, I know, he was a jerk but gave me a hard time. Fortunately, I had 50 years of other work I could document on "certified" aircraft. Not sure all FSDO/Staff take that position, but this one sure did.

I have found the A&P very useful to help some of the RV folks with their condition inspections, and it gives me a chance to look at all of the innovation and great work these folks do.

That's not far from me (KMCN) at all! If I can't find a local guy to help me annual my (soon to be) 7, I'll know where to go!

Don't forget my RV-7

Yet another one that is in the works with Ray in Sandersville. Ray is a true professional and very knowledgable on the RV's. Mine is currently in a standstill awaiting panel and engine.

Sorry 'bout that!

I had a heckuva time uploading pictures from my temporary laptop. My PC is
in Lee's shop....virussed!

Best,

Anyone in the southeast looking for assistance or advice with their RV/Rocket build will be hard pressed to find a better source or a nicer guy to work with than Ray Lawrence. I built my vertical fin under his tutelage several years ago. He's helped a lot of people with their builds over the years and done countless upgrades, rebuilds, and repairs for people who bought already built ships as well.

Strongest recommendation. He's pretty much 'the man' around here!

Lee...

Yep

....what Lee said. When we started our -6A build, we visited him a lot to see firsthand how to tackle the various structures and he was finishing up an Eggenfellner Subie installation on a mutual friend of ours' -7.

After a coupla years, it was converted to a Lyc, so he also has THAT experience.

He is also an MGL dealer/installer and the -7 has an Oddyssey (sp) that you can come and fly behind...just call him first.

Best,

Ive spent a good bit of time at Ray's shop doing measurements for hose assemblies. Great guy, very knowledgeable. I know that James will have a great teacher in Ray. Also, Pierre, be sure to thank James for his commitment to not only learning planes, but for being a Marine Reservist. As the son of a 31 year career Marine, (now deceased), I can say tha I am truely proud of James!
Tom

I'm going down there next week with my tail to spend a few days with Ray to learn the right way how to put this thing together. Can't wait!