campi

Well Known Member
I'm happy to report that I just brought my RV-8 empennage kit home today! I bought it from another builder who got it last year but never opened the boxes. I will complete the inventory tomorrow, but everything looks to be in perfect shape so far, and it is not even a year old. I'm very excited to be finally getting started on this project after many years of looking at these great airplanes.

I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for the experts in this group, and I'm looking forward to this journey.

Welcome Fernando!

It is an exciting time. There is help at the top of the page in the search function. Good luck!!

Welcome!

Welcome to the fold!

I started my 8 in Oct and I'm working on the wings now; fuselage kit should be on it's way in another two weeks or so.

Good luck and keep the questions coming-this is a great forum.

Mike

Fernando:

Welcome to the great adventure! I vividly remember this day:

RV8-mine-arrival-garage-c2.jpg

... and before I knew it, I was sitting in the front seat of my fuselage making airplane noises (no real engine noises yet...)

The building process will teach you a lot. We're here to help. Have fun!

welcome!!

Good to have you on board! Building is a fun thing to do. But be sure to keep your flying skills up along the way. What are you flying now?

Keeping Flying Skills

Jay,

Thanks. Currently I'm half-owner of a 1977 Tiger, based at College Park airport (CGS). I have also been flying a Citabria about once every two months for the last year, and finally got my tailwheel endorsement a few months back. However, I need a total of 25 hours before I can solo the Citabria due to insurance requirements. Probably not a bad idea, as I have to admit that I don't yet feel comfortable landing the Citabria.

Landing the Tiger for me is a LOT easier than landing the Citabria!

Hopefully with time and experience that feeling will change, as I hope to build an 8 instead of an 8A.

Ditto

I'm a serial lurker on this site, but my tail kit is on the way, and I'm in the final phases of (initial) tool collection. Can't wait. If any 8 owners in the St. Louis area want to trade some stick time for a hop in a Lear45 let me know! Based at Spirit.

Welcome

Welcome Fernando. You made a wise choice. The -8 is a great airplane. You'll learn a lot during the building process. You have lots of resources via this site. Best of all when you finish, you'll love the ride. I just got home from a two hour, 3 airport flight and I'm always impressed with the capabilities of this airplane.

Chris