Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
Well, after 16 years of "off again, on again" building I finally have a Certificate of Airworthiness for RV-4 serial number 3541! For those of you who think you can't do this (or you'll never be able to finish this) - you're wrong!

At times I didn't know how I'd pay for things, and at others I didn't know if I'd have the patience to continue. Thanks to my wife who convinced me to not sell the plane every time I lost hope. When I started this kit, there was no such thing as "match drilled kits", glass cockpits in small planes, decent handheld GPSs, the RV-8, or a useful internet. My how times have changed!

I moved this beast from Louisiana to New Jersey to San Antonio to Del Rio, TX to Wisconsin and then back to Del Rio, then finally to Schertz, TX.

Anyway, I hope to be in the air within a week and I'll let you know how things turn out.

Rick

http://i46.tinypic.com/9i4hw6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, Congragulations on sticking it out. I LOVE the blue/polished pain scheme! Hopefully you'll soon have more air miles than road miles.;)

Rick, I think you need a dedication to the project award! Wow! Talk about stick-to-it-ness, 16 years and you never gave it up.

Congrats on the certification.

Very pretty plane!

Last edited:
Congrats, Rick. She looks beautiful!

Nice to see somebody else who is even more "temporally challenged" than I and actually see it through to the end. May there be many miles of smiles in your future ... :D

Bueno Muchacho!

Rick,

My RV4 was #3511, the metal in our two probably was shipped around the same time! Congrats on gett'n er done!

RV4's rule! (Rockets dominate:)

Smokey
HR2

Rick, great job and fantastic paint sceme, you'll love to fly it:D
Cheers from IMC-Germany,
Dirk

Congrats Rick - BTW I found a few pictures

sy8cow.jpg

and another

65v0cj.jpg

finally

2gxntyp.jpg

RV4's rule!

Like the paint. You have good taste....She'll fly as good as she looks.

I included a pic of my RV4.

Bill Steele
N985MS, Virginia

2700027150105881772S600x600Q85.jpg

Very nice. You'll have to post more pics with the cowl. I think I've found a new favorite RV4 "pinup" to hang in my shop!

-oh just saw the shot on the second page of the thread. Perfect!

m

Last edited:
Great job, Rick, Congrats! .... it took me 14 years, serial #2915. First flight wa 6/23/07. Just now got it painted ... very close to yours! RV-4s forever! Hope I inserted a photo correctly.

dherk-5.jpg