Ultra

Hi all, I am new to this site, and dont currently own an RV Kit. though i do plan on buying a kit in the very near future.
Hence, i am here asking what might be a stupid question,
I have searched the forums with regards to 2+1 seating layout. and have not found much that is relevant to my situation, which is, Myself with over 1000hrs, and already own a ICP Savannah 2 seat aircraft, and my wife, who also, has a CPL, and working on advanced aerobatics and instructing. So, every time we fly, there is always 2 seats full. and in the next few years, kids will be considered. requiring a third seat that will not be grown out of too soon.

Sadly the budget does not quite stretch to the RV-10, nor its running costs, but an RV-14 does.

So my question is, what is the exact dimensions of the rear cargo area of the -14? from the Vans website, it quotes 36Inch at the base of the cargo area, and considering most commercial airliners have an economy seat pitch of just over 31 inches. it seams to me that there will be enough room for a small adult easily compared to airline standards. we are both fairly light and average height people, (70 and 80 Kg.) so weight should be of no concern. also, i am an aircraft structures guy from everything Boeing have built including supersonic machines, and rotary wing, so modifying for a rear facing seat looks straight forward.
so, Hi, and waiting for your opinions and suggestions..

Ultra.

In my opinion.....

This question should ONLY be addressed by Van's Aircraft Inc!

This question should ONLY be addressed by Van's Aircraft Inc!

Having crawled into the back of my -7 just yesterday to do some work, there's no way on earth you'd get a consenting adult to actually ride back there. If you need more than 2 seats, on an rv14 budget, get a -7 or -8 and a -3....

I'm all for doing crazy stuff (mostly a tail wheel -10) but a 3 seat -14 (or -7) just seems miserable....