PropMan

Well Known Member
Started work on a Grass Strip today. Hopefully it will be usable in a few months. I only have farm equipment to work with, so it's going to take a while to get smooth. Any suggestions on how to are welcome.:D
HPIM1182.jpg

Second project was started but will post in -4 section!

Here is Arkansas the County Extension office rents large rollers to farmers. I don't know if you have one or your County does that but that might be an option.

Started work on a Grass Strip today. Hopefully it will be usable in a few months. I only have farm equipment to work with, so it's going to take a while to get smooth. Any suggestions on how to are welcome.:D
Second project was started but will post in -4 section!

Is that Donie Reservoir in the background? I usually fly over that area between Dallas and Houston.

Looks like a fun project! :)

Is that Donie Reservoir in the background? I usually fly over that area between Dallas and Houston.

Looks like a fun project! :)

It's Lake Limestone. When you fly over use 122.75,I have my radio on when I;m in the shop working on Props. I'm on the north east side.

drainage, drainage, drainage. That next to a smooth surface of course is probable the most important. You want to protect the ground from developing a rut or puddle if a random thunderstorm comes through while your out flying.

Mowed my 0.457 acre lot today. I'm thankful for what I have, but jealous at the same time. :)

It's Lake Limestone. When you fly over use 122.75,I have my radio on when I;m in the shop working on Props. I'm on the north east side.

Roger! That's one my bigger checkpoints on the way. (Or a "you've gone to far" I've never had to use if going to Hilltop Lakes. ;))

Great shot too.

Phil,
Thanks for the link. As far as a place on the lake, I have to convince my wife to build an air park. This pic is of a short strip 1500ft. I do have enough room for 3200ft and about 30 one acre lots. so well see.