JonJay

Well Known Member
I stopped at Catto Propellers shop with my Bucker enroute to San Diego with some fellow Bucker enthusiasts. My buddy needed a new prop for his plans built Jungmeister, a story in and of itself.
We all know Catto's reputation for quality props and keeping with that they showed us some new products in development (secret) as well as their new Carbon Fiber Spinner and molds.
They make a 12" and 13" natural Carbon Fiber or Primed for paint. The front bulkhead is glued in (no fasteners) and the spinner is self aligning with a built in guide "pin" that centers the spinner with the hole in the center of the prop.
It is a very fine design and the fit and finish is excellent, and priced right. My buddy ordered one on the spot for his new Catto prop, but they can make the spinner for any fixed pitch propeller.
Catto is a family operation with Craig and his two wonderful daughters running things as well as a very established crew in the shop. You couldn't ask for nicer people to lend your $$$ to.
Inquire about their new spinner. I think it will be a big hit in the RV community.

Thanks. I hope to be putting my prop order in sometime this summer and will ask about the new stuff.

JonJay,
They have been doing this for a while. It started around the time Vans stop making the 12 inch spinner. I have one that I need to install. Can report after I am done. Not sure if I will get to it before OSH. They use the same carbon material that they use to build the Formula wings.

B?ckers are cool. I recall a fleet of Beautiful B?ckers around San Diego. That gear though; they look tough to land:eek:

JonJay,
They have been doing this for a while. It started around the time Vans stop making the 12 inch spinner. I have one that I need to install. Can report after I am done. Not sure if I will get to it before OSH. They use the same carbon material that they use to build the Formula wings.

Hey AC. They tell me this is a new design they have not promoted yet. Not sure what the difference is. They showed us the new mold. Maybe new is a relative term. Anyway, flew in your neck of the woods to Apple Valley down to Gillespie last week and I thought about you.

It's HOT there buddy!

B?ckers are cool. I recall a fleet of Beautiful B?ckers around San Diego. That gear though; they look tough to land:eek:

Just another tail wheel airplane ;) blind as a bat though. They do have their own "charms" on landing.
There are at least 11 on the field there, setting a world record I am sure.

JonJay,

I installed one of their 1st Carbon Fiber spinners during late November 2014 with a new 3 bladed prop. It is such a beautiful work of art I decided not to paint it. I now have 93hrs on the spinner and it is super smooth. Everywhere I go people comment on how beautiful the spinner propeller combination is.

:cool:

Last edited: