clevtool

Well Known Member
This just in... I heard from Jan at RVBits (makers of the super smooth finished intersection fairings for the other RVs) that he is making a set of gear leg fairings for the RV-12. The set will consist of upper and lower intersection fairings as well as fairings for the gear legs. He did not give me a time frame or a price ($160 for the other intersection fairings so you can guess as well as I can). I would like to find out the number of those interested so that I can get an idea of what to have in stock. Please send me an email at the address in my signature or through VAF (please not PM). I will send them in the order of contact, but you are not committed to purchase by emailing.

Thanks,
Mike

-

Hi Mike, you might want to contact Jetguy on the forum, who is also making a very nice set of fairings for the 12. I think he sells them for $125.00 or so.

I gave in and bought wheel pants to get some speed, but why hide the legs? In my opinion they are fine as is. Also less weight, and less work at annual condition inspection time. If you want a slick flashy RV buy a 6 or 8 series. This one is supposed to be simple, light and easy. Why clutter it up? Sorry. That's just my view.
Dick Seiders

This just in... I heard from Jan at RVBits (makers of the super smooth finished intersection fairings for the other RVs) that he is making a set of gear leg fairings for the RV-12. The set will consist of upper and lower intersection fairings as well as fairings for the gear legs. He did not give me a time frame or a price ($160 for the other intersection fairings so you can guess as well as I can). I would like to find out the number of those interested so that I can get an idea of what to have in stock. Please send me an email at the address in my signature or through VAF (please not PM). I will send them in the order of contact, but you are not committed to purchase by emailing.

Thanks,
Mike

-

As an "aero guy", I know that it would be worth fairing the legs. Count me in.

Jerre