RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Myself and Jason Krause will be unveiling our new website and tail link on Wednesday October 7. The new tail steering link will be available then with pictures and pricing. THERE WILL BE 25 AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE. The next run will be ready soon after.

Jason will have them available at LOE, for sale. You will be able to purchase on the web site and he will bring them to LOE. Additionally, Jason will be providing a demo of RC Helicopters at LOE. Prepare to be blown away!!! (FYI, He designed the helicopter he will be flying).

I've got 25 hours on the link now with approximately 50 landings. The link works fantastic, is great looking and AVAILABLE.

Several other new products are in the works.

TAIL STEERING LINKS AVAILABLE

Here it is folks. JDair is open for business. We are very excited to launch this business and provide an extremely high quality product to the RV Community.

Tail links are available for immediate shipping. Also, if you order and want it delivered to LOE, Jason will bring it!!!! No shipping charges.

JDair will also have several new products coming in the next few months. One of the most exciting is a oil door latch mechanism that is about as hidden as you can get, ridiculously easy to install and cost effective. This will solve that ongoing problem.

www.jdair.com

looks good, Darwin.

I don't need a link, but am waiting patiently for a peek at the oil door latch

I have always been an advocate of new innovative products but this one looks just like the Rocket/RV steering link that I have been using on my rockets for 10 years. There are thousands of those links in service, what makes this one worth an additional $60?

Several differences

The price is consistent (exact) with the Silver Bullet that is unavailable. Our steering arm is less. Although the outside looks much like the SB, the internal spring system was redesigned and some different materials used. The outer shell is different material and slightly larger. The unit is strong, light and aerodynamically efficient. Finally, it looks great.

I have always been an advocate of new innovative products but this one looks just like the Rocket/RV steering link that I have been using on my rockets for 10 years. There are thousands of those links in service, what makes this one worth an additional $60?

I have no business affiliation with these guys at all, but I do know Darwin and I can vouch for him as a friend and fellow RV'er. I'm pretty sure you'll find the customer service experience with these guys to be polar opposite to the others....

I also know they tweaked the innards a bit, and regarding price well, I want them to be in business so personally I'm happy to spend a few extra bucks to see something succeed.

I'd encourage people to send business there way because they are just good guys. One top of that Darwin spends his normal job saving lives, AND he makes one heck of a batch of Kettle Korn - does it get any better?

My 2 cents as usual,
Stein.

Oil door latch??

What about that oil door latch? I am right at the stage where I need one, can't wait to much longer! Please let us know when it will be available!

Regards, Tonny.

Can I ask what may be a silly question?

I've seen a single-sided link offered before, at least two different other groups have sold them over the years that i've been watching RV's. They all have the same shape, a "Z" with the spring in the lower section. All of them have had the spring section mostly horizontal, and mounted to the top of the tailwheel control arm. This is to allow enough clearance for the rudder to swing over top of it at full deflection (right?).

But why not change it slightly: Mount the link to the *bottom* of the control arm, and then angle the spring section upwards a little bit more... Then it could run parallel to the tail spring, and still have a slight "Z" section at the end to come up to the rudder horn.

Wouldn't that look better? I always thought it looked a little odd having the link mostly horizontal and the tail spring at a different angle.