Quick question...have you done any testing with this tube? I couldn't find any statistics or data on your website about high and low speed accuracy? How about measurements? Distance of pitot inlet from the bottom of the wing?

Cheers,
Stein

Testing

We did all of the testing on a 4 and a 6A. It proved to be within 2 to 3 knots at all speed ranges and angles of attack including yaw attitudes. I used these two models as I wanted to measure the effects in the level and tail low configurations. The hole is 4 1/8" on center below the wing.

When compared to the stainless bent style of pitot this unit was within a knot or two. The same results were obtained when compared to the traditional pitot.

I do not want the tube used for IFR use as I have not been able to test it in IFR conditions. As far as heating, it was an idea at one point but but again I have elected to stay away from that feature. There are heaters out there that some may try in the tube as the hole that has been bored in the blade for lightening the unit will inspire some to visit this feature.

The photo makes the unit look short but the hole is actucally farther below the surface of the wing than the one in the blade style pitot used on the Piper and Zodiac aircraft.

Thank you for the inquiries and please continue to ask questions as they come up. Aircraft Spruce is the exclusive distributor of these units.

Last edited: