BigJohn

Well Known Member
I printed out the new page and finally found the change after holding it up to the old drawing with a light behind it. In Step 7 it now says to back the clevis rod end off only one full turn instead of two. Since I haven't re-assembled the tail yet it is an easy change to accomplish. Some folks may have to remove the tail fairings if they have been installed. It doesn't say anywhere that the change is mandatory for retrofit to completed parts, but I suppose it is a good idea. Sure would be nice if revised drawings included a shading or some other way to identify changes.

Any reason why Van's revisions don't have change bars? Sure would make spotting the changes easier. (and less likely to be overlooked)

Change Notice email today

Recieved following email from Van's today explaining the change on page 11-07. Thank you Van's for pointing out the difference in the drawings.

CHANGE NOTICE

REASON FOR REVISION:
F-1287E Push rod to HS-1201 skin interference.

REVISION DESCRIPTION:
Page 11-07 Rev 2: Step 7 ?text reads "Back the clevis rod end off two full turns." ?should read, "Back the clevis rod end off one full turn."

To view updated drawings go to Van?s website (www.vansaircraft.com). Documents pertaining to the RV-12 are on page 2 of Letters, Service Bulletins and Revisions.