rowdyroyce

I'm New Here
hi to all ,Iam new to the forum and also a new RV owner. I just purchased the first ever customer completed 6A. it was built by Alan tolle of CA in 1991. I only have 6hrs on it so far and LOVE it. Always wanted one then this one became available. currently based at carson city NV,and we also reside in north Idaho in the summer. havent even done my first XC in it yet(cant wait) i also have a flight design CT and a air Creation Tanarg. best wishes and safe flying to all. And thanks to Van for a great design. cant wait to learn more. regards Royce

Welcome!

That's pretty cool that you bought the first one! It's always neat to get the first one of anything. Welcome to the group!!

I remember seeing that plane at Oshkosh the year after Alan completed it. I walked up to the Van's tent and told them i wanted one just like it. They told me "Then you will have to build one for yourself" I signed the deal that day and completed my 6A 3 years later. I liked the paint scheme that Alan had for that plane.

steve ciha

What is Allan Tolle flying today? I know he built more than one RV.

He still has the RV-3 that he was previously running the Hatch Rotory (later became the Aerosport rotory).
He moved to Independence Airpark in Oregon a year or so ago, after retiring from his teaching job in CA.

He still has the RV-3 that he was previously running the Hatch Rotory (later became the Aerosport rotory).
He moved to Independence Airpark in Oregon a year or so ago, after retiring from his teaching job in CA.

Alan is currently flying a Questair. In fact, he handles replacement parts and, for a while, was supplying enough parts to put together a comple questair kit I think.

Alan is currently flying a Questair. In fact, he handles replacement parts and, for a while, was supplying enough parts to put together a comple questair kit I think.

Maybe so, but I have seen him at Van's (not far from Independence Airpark) flying his RV-3.