Low Pass

Well Known Member
Friend
Anyone flown to Lakefront lately? What's the best small airplane FBO? Need to tie the RV down for the weekend and rent a car.

Also, anyone have any suggested mid-priced hotels convenient to the Jazz Fest??

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

We had a good experience with AeroPremier Jet Center... I'll use them again when I go back.

We fly into Lakefront several times a year and always use Flightline First. Super friendly line guys and counter people. When you fill out the info card, make sure you put in the comments section "Please match Aero Premier pricing". This will get you a much better price for fuel.

They also have deals with many of the area hotels for great pricing.

504-244-4448

We've been there a number of times for short visits, if I'm not mistaking Aero Premier used to be Million Aire and they were always very friendly :)

Thanks for your helpful replies. Sounds like I can't miss.

How about hotels with bus svc to the Jazz Fest? Or can you drive and park? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your helpful replies. Sounds like I can't miss.

How about hotels with bus svc to the Jazz Fest? Or can you drive and park? Any suggestions?

Your best bet may be to call the FBOs and ask them about that. I haven't been to Jazz fest is many years. When we did go, we were able to park about a mile away from the event.

Have you ever been to Jazzfest?

Your best bet may be to call the FBOs and ask them about that. I haven't been to Jazz fest is many years. When we did go, we were able to park about a mile away from the event.

Have you ever been to Jazzfest?
Never been. Trying to pick a hotel in the French Quarter that has a Jazz Fest shuttle stop nearby.

Never been. Trying to pick a hotel in the French Quarter that has a Jazz Fest shuttle stop nearby.

I called Flightline First and they informed me that all of the hotels in N.O. are sold out. :eek: She suggested looking for hotels in Metairie. As for transportation to the festival itself, she highly suggested a Taxi.

I have not been to Jazzfest since Katrina and don't know how things work nowadays.

I called Flightline First and they informed me that all of the hotels in N.O. are sold out. :eek: She suggested looking for hotels in Metairie. As for transportation to the festival itself, she highly suggested a Taxi.

I have not been to Jazzfest since Katrina and don't know how things work nowadays.
Plenty of rooms still open for this weekend apparently. Got a balcony room at the Ronal Sonesta on Bourbon St. Think I'll go with your cab suggestion from the airport.

Based on how easy this is coming together and the wx forecast, I think this is going to be a nice trip!

Plenty of rooms still open for this weekend apparently. Got a balcony room at the Ronal Sonesta on Bourbon St. Think I'll go with your cab suggestion from the airport.

Based on how easy this is coming together and the wx forecast, I think this is going to be a nice trip!

That's great news. It would have sucked to have to stay in Metairie and commute to the Jazz Festival.

The last time we went, it had been raining the day before and was hot as all get out on the day we went. The entire place smelled like a mixture of BO and horse poop! We had a blast though.

...The last time we went, it had been raining the day before and was hot as all get out on the day we went. The entire place smelled like a mixture of BO and horse poop! We had a blast though.
So you're saying the drinks were good!

Trip report -

Arrived at Lakefront and parked at AeroPremier. Had a nice rental car waiting for me when I arrived. Landed about ten minutes after I told them I'd get there. The line guy commented about wondering if I was going to make it, so between the car waiting on me and him knowing when I was planning to arrive, it convinced me they're very on-the-ball and friendly.

Other trip info. The ATC folks were all exceptionally friendly. Almost like they were working for the Chamber of Commerce! When I departed the Class B, the guy said thanks for the visit!

Bourbon Street was Bourbon Street. Lots of generally happy drunks and other tourists in town for basketball game, golf tournament and Jazz Fest.

Hotel (Royal Sonesta) was very nice but no bargain. Clean room, clean hotel and very nice ammenities.

Jazz Fest was nice. Lots and lots of people, food and drink priced about typical for a festival and about a 2 mile walk to and from the car. The music was good. Lots of choices - artists, music types (not jsut Jazz!).

Weather was great. Clear blue skies, low humidity and almost chilly at night.

Overall, it was an excellent trip! Thanks for the help.