kevinh

Well Known Member
Hi ya'll,

Does anyone here know the moment and weight for the old 7A style nose gear vs. the new style nose gear?

What model nose gear?

What model nose gear leg are you calling the old one? The 603-2, or the 603-1? The 603-2 and 603-3 are identical except for the axle length is 1 inch shorter, so the weight difference is very minimal, only a couple ounces. The bend and length is all the same also.

The Nose fork is probably noticeably lighter. I don't know any specific details on it to tell you though.

Richard

What model nose gear leg are you calling the old one? The 603-2, or the 603-1? The 603-2 and 603-3 are identical except for the axle length is 1 inch shorter, so the weight difference is very minimal, only a couple ounces. The bend and length is all the same also.

The Nose fork is probably noticeably lighter. I don't know any specific details on it to tell you though.

The 603-2 (I don't think 603-1 was ever shipped for the 7s). I'm mostly curious about the arm and the weight difference for the lighter fork.

I did the calculations for the change on my -9A. The difference in weight between the old and new fork was exactly 1 lb. The 1" cut off the gear leg was 4 oz. I used the arm of the nose gear (34.25) to calculate a changed moment of -.04. Negligible impact on CG.

Keith
N355RV
Flying - Again!

I did the calculations for the change on my -9A. The difference in weight between the old and new fork was exactly 1 lb. The 1" cut off the gear leg was 4 oz. I used the arm of the nose gear (34.25) to calculate a changed moment of -.04. Negligible impact on CG.

Thanks - exactly what I was curious about.