sgordon

I'd like to announce the release of my new mobile app for Windows Phone 7: En Route.

En Route is an airport directory and navigational aid for pilots. Information on nearly 20,000 US airports can be accessed from your phone's local storage so you can get information while you're on the ground or while you're in the air. Quickly locate the nearest airports or search for an airport by its ICAO identifier. You can review location/elevation, runway data, communication frequencies, and more. En Route's airport directory comes directly from the FAA and is updated automatically every 56 days when new data is published. There are no subscription fees or extra charges for data updates.

En Route is also a GPS navigational aid. Once you locate your destination airport, simply press the "Fly To" button and En Route will plot a great circle path to your destination. En Route provides a built-in HSI. You can see your ground track, your plotted course, and your course deviation. The same screen displays your ground speed, altitude, distance from your destination, estimated time en route, and estimated time of arrival, all using the phone's internal GPS.

I'm retailing the app for $9.99. There is a free trial that will allow you to use the basic GPS info and access info only on JFK and LAX. The marketplace does not allow me to offer discounts, but if you purchase the app within the next 30 days and send me a PM, I'll mail you back $5.00.

I have plans to release an update in the next couple weeks to round out some of the features on this version of the app, and I am looking into the possibility developing Android and iPhone versions in the near future. Any feedback is VERY MUCH appreciated!

Click here to see the app on the marketplace (requires Zune software)

Some Screen Shots:

Screenshot_MainMenu.png
Screenshot_Heading.png
Screenshot_NRST.png
Screenshot_Search.png
Screenshot_Details_Location.png
Screenshot_Details_Runways.png
Screenshot_Details_Operations.png
Screenshot_Tracking.png

Last edited:
Nice Work..

Nice work! As soon as Sprint get's their Win7 Phones for CDMA, I'm in. There's a couple guys on our internal MSFT Pilots DL that are working a couple apps as well, so it's going to be interesting to see what shows up in the marketplace in the near term.

I think I'm picking up some demand for a droid version :) Sounds like I need to brush up on my Java.

I will also take a copy for the droid. I think there are going to be more droid phones out there then Windows. The sprint EVO looks like it would be a great platform for your application.

George

I think I'm picking up some demand for a droid version :) Sounds like I need to brush up on my Java.

vzw is doing BOGO on droids through christmas, that's how I got one, they basically do not want anyone getting on with sprint or at&t under the impression that it is "4G", vzw is announcing the launch of their 4G network in january, so they want to lock people up while they can

What about the rest of the world?

The app sounds great, screens look good too! You only make mention of US airfields though - any plans or support for the rest of the world?