JSC

I'm New Here
Hello, my name is Jeff, I live in Nampa Idaho (S67). I recently got bitten by the RV bug, I cant seem to shake the fever:D
I am a student pilot (35 years old) got about 20 or so hours in, flying a 1972 C-150, still got a long road ahead, but it will happen in time. Weather has really been killing the training the past few weeks. I really like the RV-6A's with the sidexside seating. I dont think I would have a problem with a kit, but it seems to possibly be a little cheaper buying one already built and flying then upgrade it as I want and as funds allow. I have a ton of questions, but will keep searching the forums so dead horses dont get beaten. Anyway, just thought I would drop a post and say "HEY"

Privet Jeff

It's good to see one more aviation professional in the ranks of future RV owners. Welcome! There are two tons of answers for every ton of your questions here in the archives. Even financial ones:) Get the kit right now, you will have absolutely no problem to put it together. All tools and skills you already have. Pay as you go and in a couple of years you will be proud of your Beauty!

Welcome Jeff,
If you know which model you prefer that's the first step.
As Vlad said ... get the tail kit now.
It's been stated in these forums many times ... "the sooner you
start~the sooner you finish".
Good luck !

Hey!

Welcome to "The Forum".
Hey, twenty hours toward your private's...you're half way there!
I started flying 152's at 40 years old. Thirty-five is good time to learn something new.
I hope you're having a ball! I'm building a 7a and am almost halfway. Weather you build or buy, follow your dreams!

I often fly up to Idaho; but usually the Twin Falls/ Burley area to pick up lotto tickets. I'm from Twin Falls originally. Some day, I'll just have to go farther northwest, and check out the area! It's only an hour from Salt Lake City to Burley by RV.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Thanks guys. I dont think I would have any major issues building a kit, only constraint is time and of course money! I work in GA, banging on Cessans and Beechs, we are also a Cirrus service center. I dont care too awful much for the "Plastic Planes" myself, but to each his own I guess.

I like the RV due to there are a butt load out there, safety record seems pretty good, simple aircraft, and most of all you arent tied down by the FAA as much, and those silly "FAA-PMA" stickers and stamps that cost thousands of dollars. Lets not forget they are FAST!:)

Thanks again!

Welcome Jeff

I bought my '53 Tri-Pacer from a guy in Nampa and flew it home from there, a few years back. Nice place, welcome to the RV world.....