walkman

Well Known Member
Hi

I am a ~2,000hr PPFL-Inst ex-Grumman driver with a few hundred hours of formation work (including plenty of IFR/IMC). I've been out of flying for most of the last 8 years or so (sold my last cat in '04) and am now getting current and in the market for an RV-4.

I've joined the list in the hopes of learning as much as I can about the aircraft and what to look for (both good and bad) in order to make a good buying decision, perhaps make some contacts who might help in my search for a good aircraft, take me for ride, and (once I've gotten an aircraft) take their formation work and beer drinking seriously.

I'm in Atlanta (Buckhead) and would mostly likely fly out of PDK.

Welcome, Martin

Yep, lots of RV's around Lawrenceville, Covington and Peachtree City.

Check EAA.org for monthly meetings and get-togethers.

Best,

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Hi

I am a ~2,000hr PPFL-Inst ex-Grumman driver-------

I've joined the list in the hopes of learning as much as I can ---------

Martin, welcome to VAF.

Good choice to come here to learn things of an RVish nature:D

Good to have you aboard.

Hi,
I've got a 4 and do some formation flying too. I'm based at UZA - Rock Hill, just south of Charlotte. I get down to ATL on occasion so if you need a ride, I'm happy to help.

Tom Dubrouillet
Team RV

Come over to the DARK SIDE.....

Yes 4's are fun, but my test flight in one was a bit cramped, have you considered a Harmon Rocket 2, its wider than an 8 inside, and much faster, I would have loved a 4 but I am just 2 big, width and length.

Come to the dark side, feel the power........:D

Welcome aboard

Hope you are able to get a ride soon..you will be hooked ! I met Dubes at the Winston-Salem airshow, and highly suggest you take him up on the ride offer...he spends alot of time with some serious formation action.Team RV is awsome. I have a -4 in Winston-Salem NC if your ever up this way.

I am not aware of any RV-4s based at KLZU (Lawrenceville). We have plenty of 6, 7 , 8 & 9s though. Kahuna has a super 8 based there if you are looking for aerobatics. He is pretty busy with Team RV at the moment. EAA690 has their chapter meeting the 2nd Fri of every month. Come visit us.

John Morgan

Welcome!

Howdy & Welcome Home!

I am 6-2 & 187 lbs. I fit in the RV-4 fine. Purchased my RV-4 last November & the fine folks on this forum are a tremendous help!

Best of Luck!

Intro Rv4

Hello one and all..., I'm Smithy from Australia building an RV 4. Just finished building the jigs and C-frame dimpler and have started a drilling jig for the H-stab.
Never built an aeroplane before.....very exciting time for me.
I would appreciate opinions on the IO-375 aerosport eng...I know its a stroked IO-360, I have read it's a harmonically better balanced donk than a standard IO-360........and just about the same $ as an IO-320
thankyou, Smithy

Last edited: