GRT Support

I'm New Here
Today we've lowered prices of all GRT EFIS systems. A single-screen Sport system with internal AHRS, GPS, wiring harness and faster processor is now as low as $2,600. The Horizon HXr starts at $5,650 for a single screen, single AHRS system. Prices do not include engine monitor package, but include everything else you will need to set up your EFIS. Savings average over 30%. Check it out!

-Katie Bosman
GRT Avionics

Upgrades?

Hey Katie,

Any changes (reductions) to the upgrade prices for original Sport to faster processor/larger sceen? My current original Sport EFIS is the small screen with GPS and am suffering from EFIS envy.

+1 to Carl's question on upgrade costs. I have a pair of Sport HS and absolutely love them....until I saw the new Sport SX's!

Thanks guys!

Your answer is yes, somewhat-- Synthetic Vision software for the Sport is now $400 instead of $600. Hardware upgrades (screens, processors) are still the same price. The upgrade price list can be found here: http://www.grtavionics.com/upgrades.html I haven't updated the price for SV yet...

UPDATE: Upgrade prices are being reduced as well. I'll post the new price list sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:
And the lead time?

Hey Again Katie,

What is the usual turnaround time on the upgrades?

Yep!

Upgrade turn around time is pretty fast, usually less than a week. Depending on where you live, we usually tell people to plan to have the plane down 2 weeks between shipping both ways and the actual work. If you'd like, give us a call first and we'll make sure we have the parts in stock before you send it.

I've flown many happy hours behind Sport WS and HS systems, but the SX is just cool... :D. The upgraded processor gives you smoother graphics and 5 serial ports instead of 4, and they're all high-speed.

Horizon Series EFIS
MFD-HS-UPG
6.5” Display
Upgrade your WS display to a 6.5” high-resolution screen.
Replaces
screen and bezel on existing display unit and increases height by 1.5”.
$600

Above from your link, are you sure the height is increased an inch and a half???

Thought it was only a half inch.

The inch and a half sounds like it should be for the 8.4" upgrade.

Last edited:
Thought it was only a half inch.

The inch and a half sounds like it should be for the 8.4" upgrade.

Yes Mike, you're right. I got my inches crossed.

WS to HS/SX/HX 6.5" screen adds 0.43" in height
6.5" to 8.4" adds 1.3" in height
and for the big one, WS to 8.4" adds 1.72" in height

Thanks, I'll change that tomorrow!

Horizon and Sport EFIS displays use the same bezel sizes. (except HXr-- those are bigger.) BTW, there are bezel templates here, in case anyone wants to look/print/measure.

Last edited:
So, If I want the screen to look like this, with the engine info at the bottom, can I do it with just the smaller size screen upgrade ($600), or do I need to change out the guts of the box also??

wpd820c11b_06.png

I would love to go with the larger 8.4" screens, but there is no room for that, even the .043" is going to eat into the panel to the point I am concerned about the structural integrity of the panel.

As you can see, not a lot of spare metal to dig into................

DSC06106.jpg

Last edited:
Piece of cake Mike - you cut out a big opening and make a new panel insert. Move the autopilot head up and right, the miscellaneous lights and switches to the left, and you get an extra half inch above the screens.

There - I took away your excuse....I mean, obstacle!! :)

Hmmmm that just might work, but I am not looking forward to cutting out another A/P head hole------that was the worst one of the bunch.

This just might end up costing me a lot of $$$$:eek:

I sure did like my GTR SX in my 8a.
As I plan the upgrade in my 10 panel its perfect timing to get a price break.
Its a tough decision on which direction to go, considering what I currently have in my panel and trying to reuse as much as possible.

HS upgrade

mike, we just upgraded one of our WS to HS. In addition to the engine strip you also get much better resolution on all other screens.

You may be able to fit it in as the bezel is almost exactly the same height as the new cutout. Send me your email address and i will forward you a picture.

What is the resolution of the 12.1" HXr screen? I can't find it anywhere on the website. I see that the 10.4 is 1024*768.

Mike - I feel your pain.

My panel - the GRT's & steam gauges is exactly like Mike's. Except mine is in a -7 slider, so I have even less room above the EFIS screens than Mike.

Getting that extra .43 inches is a killer. Mine is a one piece panel, so I need to pull out the entire panel to make the cuts and the new overlay. Maybe one of these days, but even the "old" stuff is pretty darn nice.

ESI 4000

Just recieved my ESI 4000 yesterday and pulled it out of the box to start my install and Im standing there after printing 40 pages of instructions and holding the 4000 and going "REALLY" this looks like a old timey STEAM GAUGE Im going to put in my glass panel and I need a computer science degree to program it.After installing a couple of JPI eng monitors in spam cans I would say it would be nice to have a redo on the 4000 to bring it up to date maybe with a small screen unit like the dynon its the core of the GRT engine monitoring and it needs to fit in with the other displays and for the money it needs to be a lot more eye pleasing like mating a screen from a cheap screen source like on a Ifly 720 to the front of the unit to bring it up todate.
Bob

Re: EIS4000.. you're right. It could be a little more aesthetically pleasing compared to all the neat stuff out there today for glass cockpits,,

BUT..

You can install it out of the way, hook it to you GRT EIFS and it displays everything you ever wanted to know about your engine. You set all the bells and whistles in the EFIS and that's where all the warnings appear.

Once it's set up and running you can just forget about it and let it do it's thing.

Upgrade Update!

Hardware upgrade prices are coming down as well. I just got the new numbers and I'll post the new price list here when it's finished sometime tomorrow.

Re: EIS4000.. you're right. It could be a little more aesthetically pleasing compared to all the neat stuff out there today for glass cockpits, BUT..

It doesn't look so bad if you ditch the clunky bezel and back-mount it behind the panel.

I put mine right up front, dedicated to fuel.

x4rt3s.jpg

+1 for mounting the EIS behind the panel. I use the EIS more than I originally planned to. It literally boots instantaneously and gives you immediate information - the EFIS's take up to 30 seconds. Nice to check for oil pressure right away.

DSCN0761.JPG

behide panel

I will fire up the Bridgeport tomorrow and cut the pattern for hiding the unit it makes it look better.

In response to a few questions posted here, I've incorporated the reworked EFIS upgrade prices into a new web page that explains a lot more about the various options. I hope it makes the upgrade process easier.

GRT Display Unit Upgrades

Thanks!