nharwood

Folks, let me introduce myself. I've trolled this forum for about a year while I tried to decide if I wanted to build an RV-10 or purchase a used certified aircraft. Well, I have finally made up my mind to build my own.

I am currently in the process of planning and researching the early stages of the project, including tools, shop setup, etc.

The one obvious thing that I am missing is the fact that I have never flown in any Van's model - and therefore have no idea what this RV grin thing is all about. :confused: Before I spend a thousand bucks or more on a trip from Kansas to the factory in Oregon, would anyone within a few hundred miles of Wichita, KS be willing to give me a "demo" ride in their RV-10? I'd be happy to fly myself to your airport for the ride. As well as buy you dinner and some gas.

As fall and winter approach, I think it is the perfect time to get started on a shinny new emp kit but I really do not want to start laying down big bucks for an airplane that I've only ever seen pictures of.

Any takers?

BTW - One of the biggest reasons I've (hopefully) settled on the RV product is because of the active participation of knowledgeable builders like you. The feeling of community is something I look forward to participating in in the years to come!

Welcome to VAF!!

Nathan, welcome to the good ship VAF.

If you were closer, I would be happy to give you that ride, but you are about half a country away:(

I suspect you will get an offer from somone closer pretty soon.

Good to have you aboard.:D