ron sterba

Well Known Member
Just got back from Arlington airshow. 3rd largest in USA. I got to see these new L.E.D.lights in action and we where ALL impressed with the L.E.D. strobes. It was sunny and warm that day when I got see them in action. WELL i got to say with the LED strobes facing up and the sun directly above, it was VERY hard to keep looking at the strobes. These are the ones I'am getting for my RV9A with the postion lights also in LED. They all meet FAA regs. The wing lights have red or green and strobe and a White, these were also bright also have a LIFETIME WARRANTY. There were light switches that lock together with (you pick the color blue,red or green) back light that lights-up the Icon on the rocker part of the switch. If you wanted 3 or 14 they lock together in a very professional matter. Easy hook-up. Well my thoughts of the lights on my 9a were exciting. Simple design and no HIGH output unit either. The position lights where only a half amp draw as I recall and the strobe a amp and a half.By changing one wire to the strobes you can sink them all together. Well next step was to go over to VAN'S tent and ask if they had seen them yet (they didn't) it was opening day still. I was so excited by the thought that finally RVers would have a great product like the RV kit itself. What a complinment to any kit plane. you can see the L.E.D.lights and back-lit L.E.D.switches at www.kestrel-air.com and his name is Howie. Howie said he would give people a discount and all you have to do is say Ron the rv builder at Arlington sent us to your web site. He has a Email [email protected]
The company whom makes the lights is AVEO Engineering and their website is www.AevoEngineering.com Its my understanding that they might be at Oshkosh. You can ask Howie.

Just a cool product! Ron Oregon

Last edited:
I saw them also.

If it was not for the fact that I have already purchased the similar product by Theissen, I would definitely get these.

They do have an advantage in that the position lights also have anti-collision strobes in them.

Nice product, well presented by decent folk.:)

Their switch setup was pretty cool also.:cool: