RobW

I'm New Here
After lurking here for over a year, I finally went and picked up a RV10 emp kit yesterday. 2700 miles in 3 days so it wasn't exactly a pleasure trip.
Mostly I just wanted to say Hi, and express thanks to all the posters here. This is a tremendous resource, the internet at its best. Special thanks go out to those with web sites- VERY appreciated. In fact, Tim O's latest trip report has me fired up to get started, too bad I've got to finish the basement first http://www.vansairforce.com/community/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2#
Mad

Welcome Rob

When you're thinking of the pain in your butt from all that sitting.....just think of the future pain in your back bending over your new project and then the pain in your neck when things just don't seem to fit just so and then the head scratching......it's endless! ENJOY! :)

What a way to start an RV!!!

Rob,

You really got things going with a bang! Sure you may have been lurking for a year, but when you took the first step, it was a big one! That was a big road trip and a reward for your efforts. Your route to Oregon from Mandan, North Dakota covered part of my route when I visited Van's in May 2004.

I am one of those guys who does web sites, and an RV-9A builder/pilot. Just in case you missed it, my site follows the building process from 2002 shop preparations in my town house one-car garage all the way through the recent flights this fall. Along the way, my business travels took me to Oregon and of course a visit to Van's facilities. That trip is also a part of my web site coverage.

You can learn from the mistakes of others by checking out my web site at www.n2prise.org. You can also check out the experience I had at LOE5 last year with Doug, Rosie, and about 100+ other RV builders and pilots.

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A N2PZ

Last edited:
I've been to your site many time Jerry. In fact I was showing a co-worker some RV pictures, and he loved yours. It didn't hurt that he used to fly a comanche. ;) People always give me static about the time I "waste on them airplane sites".

Happy building to you...Was raised in Minot area...(Velva/Sawyer)...Been a very long time since I been in that neck of the woods...Wind still blow there???

Rob,

Hi, newguy. BTW, for future reference, keep in mind that Van will send you the parts when you order them. You do not have to go to Oregon to get them.

Tracy.