bkthomps

Well Known Member
http://newsroom.garmin.com/press-re...ces-new-and-exciting-ways-interact-gtn-650750

Very neat...voice commands, database sync, garmin pilot integrations

Garmin Press Release said:
Control the GTN via spoken commands using Telligence

When installed with a separate push-to-command button, Telligence Voice Command can help reduce pilot workload by using automatic speech recognition technology within the GTN and GMA™ 35/GMA 350 audio panels to perform common tasks. Based on intuitive phraseology, Telligence now accepts hundreds of commands at the push of a button.

For example, when on approach to land, pilots can simply state, “Tune Destination Tower” to load the tower frequency into the standby position. While on a cross-country, pilots can state “Tune Nearest Center” to proactively load the closest center frequency that pilots can expect during the next hand-off from ATC. To view a specific page within the GTN at-a-glance, pilots can simply state “Show Flight Plan Page.” While flying over an interesting point, simply saying “Create Waypoint” will place a user waypoint at the aircraft’s current location. In the event ATC asks for distance information from the airport or a particular fix, stating “Show Distance” will display a pop-up box with distance information based on information entered in the flight plan. Alternatively, for a verbal readout of distance information, pilots can state, “Say distance to destination” and the GTN will verbally read out the distance to the destination airport through the audio panel.

Pinch-to-zoom user interface

The GTN 650/750 now features pinch-to-zoom capability on any map, traffic or terrain page, in addition to the dedicated zoom icons. Much like pinch-to-zoom on a smartphone or tablet, pilots can naturally use two-finger gestures on the GTN to zoom in and zoom out.

Garmin, let me know if you create a redundant thread and want me to delete this one, i just got excited