ww2planes

Well Known Member
I have tried to attach several links to photo's of the Aerogizmos Fuel Lever Position Indicator Plate. I cannot get Imageshack to upload the photo so if you would like to see the images please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get them to you. I hope that you all like the plate. I have designed it so that it will hide the bolts that mount the valve. Feedback is welcome and encouraged.

I will be working on the link and hosting thing.

I think that I have got the pics up. Try clicking on the photo.

This added on January 11, 2009
The final design of the plate does not have the hollow back. It is flat and approximately 1/8" thick.

Last edited:
Brantel said:
I have been using http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/
Lately and it works great. You can upload more than one at a time with this one.

Brian, do you know if this site dumps a bunch of invasive, unwanted objectionable ****-----pop ups, links, cookies, spyware, banners ETC----- onto your comp like imiageshack does??

Mike

Answers

Thank you Brian for the link. The back of the plate is hollowed out so that it will go over the bolt heads. you can mount the plate however works best for you. I am shooting for the $42.00 retail mark. I am looking into a thinner plate for the 10 but I need the dimension from the bottom of the lever to the console.

Mounting

Maybe I'm missing something....

How is it mounted, What prevents it from spinning?

Mike S said:
Brian, do you know if this site dumps a bunch of invasive, unwanted objectionable ****-----pop ups, links, cookies, spyware, banners ETC----- onto your comp like imiageshack does??

Mike

I have never had imageshack do any of this. It has been really slow lately so I found a different one.

Brantel said:
I have never had imageshack do any of this. It has been really slow lately so I found a different one.

Brian---------before my comp went insane last year, and I had it re-built, I was getting junk EVERY time I looked at an imiageshack link. Not the pics that are showing in the thread, just the ones where you have to click on a link to look at. When I closed the photo, there was some ad left on the screen. At that time I was using Internet Explorer, (as my Firefox had died) with Norton and Spybot as my anti-virus/spam.

I finally figured out that if I clicked a photo link, I would just automatically run Spybot to remove whatever imageshack had put on my comp. As I recall, Spybot used the term "problems", or "threats", no specific definition of what the junk was, but it was liked to imageshack.

Now that my comp is fixed, I am back with Firefox, and a program called PC-cillin, instead of Norton. Now whenever I open a link to a photo, I get a message stating that Firefox has blocked a pop-up.

Mike

Update

The final design of the indicator plate does not have the releived area on the back. The majority of the feedback I received did not like it. In response to the majority the plate was designed as a flat plate approximately 1/8" thick.

My new Pitot tube is almost ready and should be in stock exclusively at Aircraft Spruce. The price is $199.00. The hole and the bottom are slightly different than the photo on their website. They will update it when they receive their shipment.

This tube is less than the standard cast tube and the mounting is very simple. Nothing hanging down while you store your wings on a rack and no separate mounting kit. It is all one piece and has been chromed for a long lasting finish.

The final design of the indicator plate does not have the releived area on the back. The majority of the feedback I received did not like it. In response to the majority the plate was designed as a flat plate approximately 1/8" thick.

Well, I sure wish the "majority" would share with us how to mount the plate since it will sit up on top of the bolts that hold the valve in place. Don't think the valve mount plate is thick enough for countersunk bolts.

Last edited:
Well, I sure wish the "majority" would share with us how to mount the plate since it will sit up on top of the bolts that hold the valve in place. Don't think the valve mount plate is thick enough for countersunk bolts.

Velcro might work for this

Info

Brantel did not realize that the plate did not have the hollow back. He was looking for a mounting solution for his situation. I sent him a pick that might help.

As for mounting the plate itself there are a multitude of solutions. You can use several small screws which if done carefully looks very nice. You can put them toward the center or out toward the edge. Double sided tape, velcro or even glue may be the right option.

We just have to get a little creativity going while keeping safety at the forefront. Good luck and thank you to everyone that is out there using my products.

Here's a ring I'm making for a friends cover, just need to drill and tap a couple 4-40 holes.
RV-7build016.jpg
[/IMG]

Should clear the bolt heads.
RV-7build015.jpg
[/IMG]

RV-7build018.jpg
[/IMG]

This looks exactly like the - FUEL VALVE PLATE - I got from Van's for 39.00. It's flat on the back. On the RV-8, the fuel valve is mounted on an aluminum channel below the flat fuel selector surface with the shaft protruding through it, so the surface is flat. My selector plate is held in position with carpet tape. Velcro would work too, or you could just epoxy it in place, since there's no need to remove it to gain access to the fuel valve. Maybe the RV-7 installation could be designed in a similar way with a sub-panel to hold the valve. Space the sub-panel from the top panel with spacers (solid 1/8" aluminum spacer would look best - washers or nylon spacers would be fine too) and fasten through them in the 4 corners with #8 flush screws and platenuts. Then just glue the selector plate to the top panel.

Scott
RV-8

Last edited: