sprucemoose

Well Known Member
Hey Doug,

Here's an idea. With the increasing interest in running mogas in our traditional Lycosaurus engines, how about creating a separate forum under the Firewall Forward section specifically for mogas related discussions? Ethanol vs. non-ethanol, vapor lock issues, seal/ gasket compatibility, etc etc. Right now these discussions get spread around the forums, and it would be useful to have them in one place.

Whuddya think?

aaannnd begin

this could lead to some heated debates.

But, I will only ask: If and where can you get ethanol-free fuel in the Richmond Virginia area?

Thanks,

Do we really need another forum? I find the more discussions we move out of the general discussion board, the more interesting conversations I miss...

Do we really need another forum? I find the more discussions we move out of the general discussion board, the more interesting conversations I miss...

Try "Coming in" through the "Today's Posts" button, and you'll see what's new in every sub-forum.....of course, that can be a bit overwhelming, but you can always ignore .... yeah, right....;)

The heated debates on this topic have already begun. I just thought that keeping them in one place might be helpful for people looking for the material in the future. The new APRS forum is what I was thinking of when I made the suggestion.

Of course, if it's a dumb idea, I'll retract it. Wouldn't be my first dumb idea...

Try "Coming in" through the "Today's Posts" button, and you'll see what's new in every sub-forum.....of course, that can be a bit overwhelming, but you can always ignore .... yeah, right....;)
All of the talk about this or that post should be in a particular forum or that we should create a new forum for "xyz" doesn't end up meaning much for me. I always click on the "today's post" once I have read the home page. That way I get all new posts regardless of which forum they were posted to.

Of course I recognize that I may spend more time on the site than others and do it differently. I tend to open the forum up in a browser on my workstation and then leave it up all day. That way periodically I go back to it and just click on the "today's post" button to refresh the screen to display the newest posts since I last visited. This way it becomes irrelevant to which forum a particular post belongs. I then see all posts to the website.

All of the talk about this or that post should be in a particular forum or that we should create a new forum for "xyz" doesn't end up meaning much for me. I always click on the "today's post" once I have read the home page. That way I get all new posts regardless of which forum they were posted to.

Of course I recognize that I may spend more time on the site than others and do it differently. I tend to open the forum up in a browser on my workstation and then leave it up all day. That way periodically I go back to it and just click on the "today's post" button to refresh the screen to display the newest posts since I last visited. This way it becomes irrelevant to which forum a particular post belongs. I then see all posts to the website.

I use a slightly different approach that works about the same way. Have a bookmark in FireFox that tickles the "New Posts" function. That brings up posts I haven't seen regardless of how long I've been delinquent from the VAF community. ;) I don't read all the threads but it is easy to spot the topics that warrant additional attention. After drinking at the VAF trough I hit "Mark Forums Read" so I always see the fresh posts whenever VAF is revisited.

Last edited:
I have the RSS feed, which I guess I should check more often. But other than that, I enter through Main. I tried "todays posts" but couldn't get into browsing that way...

Now to move the thread entirely off topic... never mind.:cool:

snip...I hit "Mark Forums Read" so I always see the fresh posts whenever VAF is revisited.

I do exactly what Sam does - 'New Posts' and then 'Mark Forums Read'. Pretty efficient (but I recognize I might check them a little more often than most).

b,
d