N1593Y

I have added a page to the flyunleaded web site that has a google earth plot of the U.S. with all of the public airports that have mogas that I have pretty much verified.

www.flyunleaded.com/mapusairports.html

Hope this helps you with planning a cross country flight on mogas.

This web site is user updated, although I try to call some of the airports now and then. If you know of any updates you can use the email link on the site. I am especially interested in knowing octane and if the fuel is Self-Service as this is important information for LSA flight planning and AirNav doesn't include mogas octane, even though we have repeatedly asked for it. Even if the airport is listed, I would like updates if the verification date is more than 6 months old.

Last edited:
I like the map

Fueled at Barnwell SC KBNL with 93 unleaded two times. Love the price and engine seemed happy :) The map will help planning my summer trip.

I'm based at KLMO and haven't seen any sign of auto fuel. If it's there it's well-hidden - and I'd use it if I knew where it was.

Dave

I'm based at KLMO and haven't seen any sign of auto fuel. If it's there it's well-hidden - and I'd use it if I knew where it was.
Dave

Hmmm, that's strange. AirNav lists mogas at AirWest Flight Center for $4.75 / gal.

If you're based there could you check with them and let us know if they still have it, and what the octane is and verify that it is Full Serve, not Self Serve. An old comment in AirNav said it is available from a truck.

Last edited:
Fueled at Barnwell SC KBNL with 93 unleaded two times. Love the price and engine seemed happy :) The map will help planning my summer trip.

Was it self service, or did you have to find an attendant?

Last edited:
Mogas

This site is great. Wish there was more airports with Mogas, E-free.

I will confirm the available Oregon Mogas (E-Free) at S30. Was just there last week.

I got the impression that the fuel being sold at Santa Rosa is the 91UL aviation spec fuel, so the "mogas" label in the article is somewhat of a misnomer.

It is NOT avgas, it is 91 AKI mogas (ASTM D4814) distributed by Renner Petroleum.

There is no 91UL avgas produced in the U.S. for GA use, although it is now showing up in Europe. 91UL is made to ASTM D7547 which is a DOD specification specifically for the Rotax 914 engines used in drones. Why Total in Europe clamped on to this spec is unknown. The 94UL avgas spec is ASTM D7592 and is essentially 100LL without TEL and might someday be produced in the U.S. if TEL disappears.

Mogas

The other day I flew over and confirmed the Mogas is available at S30.

It is labeled Mogas 92 Octane and E-0 (no ethanol.)

The price was one dollar less than AV Gas, per gallon.

KSTS 91 AKI

I called the Jet Center and they confirmed its 91 AKI, not 91 UL. It's also $5.30/gl - a 60 cent discount from their 100LL.

What Lyc or Continental engines can run that? Based on my uninformed reading of the Lycoming SB my O-360-A1A needs 93 AKI.

Neil