rjcthree

Well Known Member
I recently got my panel up and running. Tonight I soldered in the headphone jacks, and confirmed operation of the 3000, the 496, and the D180 inputs. Intercom works well. What I'm not getting is any apparent receive signals out of the SL40. Squelch works, and gives me input, so I know I'm getting signal from SL40 to PM3000, but no receive on local freqs. I'm in my garage, using a whisker antenna, but I thought I should get CLE approach, being only 10nm away . . .I'll try again tomorrow when there's more traffic, but ???

Any ideas? Am I expecting too much? Rick 90432

I recently got my panel up and running. Tonight I soldered in the headphone jacks, and confirmed operation of the 3000, the 496, and the D180 inputs. Intercom works well. What I'm not getting is any apparent receive signals out of the SL40. Squelch works, and gives me input, so I know I'm getting signal from SL40 to PM3000, but no receive on local freqs. I'm in my garage, using a whisker antenna, but I thought I should get CLE approach, being only 10nm away . . .I'll try again tomorrow when there's more traffic, but ???

Any ideas? Am I expecting too much? Rick 90432

If my car (also in the garage) was between my plane and the airport FBO ............ two miles away, I wouldn't recieve their transmission. With the car out of the way, it would work just fine. Antenna is under the plane.

L.Adamson --- RV6A